U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 4,897 times
Default Rush Hour Drive Times from Parkland (Tacoma) to Seattle

I am starting a job at 8am and am coming from Parkland (Tacoma). I do not want to be late and would like to hear what the realistic drive time would be from here to there during rush hour.

I also have no experience with the Sounder or bus service from here to there. Any advice on using the Sounder or bus service for this lengthy distance is also appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 12:28 PM

91 posts, read 130,491 times
Depending on where in Seattle, minimum of 1 hour. I, personally, would leave 1.5 hours early. If you are really early you can go get a cup of coffee or something else. Better to be early than late for the 1st day at work.

Both Sounder bus and train work really well. You would need to look at the Sound Transit website to see which would work best for you. The Sounder train's last stop northbound is King St station (near the stadiums) and you must use some other mode of transport to get to your final destination. It can be the same for the bus. Sound Transit: Ride the Wave

Old 08-31-2010, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,897 times
My final destination would be right by Pike Street Market.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM

5,601 posts, read 12,384,288 times
My suggestion would be to use the bus.

I just checked the "trip planner" and it takes about an hour and a half from the Parkland Transit Center to 4th and Pike. One transfer will be necessary.

Pierce Transit route #1 leaves Parkland Transit Center at 6:26 am and will arrive at the Tacoma Dome Station at 6:51 am. Sound Transit route #590 leaves the Tacoma Dome Station at 6:53 am and arrives at 4th and Union at 7:57 am.

That's cutting it close so you may want to take an earlier bus. By taking the bus, you can relax and nap, read, or get work done on the ride where driving you can't and when driving, you have to worry about parking costs. You could also use the Park and Rides to cut out the worry about making a transfer. For instance, the park and ride at Lakewood or the Tacoma Dome will have direct service on ST express buses. Parkland also has a park and ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area