Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 08:19 PM

681 posts, read 1,043,350 times

Advertisements

Jungle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 08:20 PM

I googled it... damn

Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 AM

1,882 posts, read 2,074,223 times
On Washington you're pretty far from the Jungle.

I like the ID and in my mind it could well be the next "hot" downtown neighborhood for rentals.

Edited to add - saw your other thread; yours is one of a couple of new buildings in a very quiet part of the ID. It's on a pretty steep hill if that's a concern. Looks like it has a garage.

Last edited by Gardyloo; 07-03-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 07-03-2016, 12:05 PM

8,065 posts, read 8,339,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
On Washington you're pretty far from the Jungle.

I like the ID and in my mind it could well be the next "hot" downtown neighborhood for rentals.

Edited to add - saw your other thread; yours is one of a couple of new buildings in a very quiet part of the ID. It's on a pretty steep hill if that's a concern. Looks like it has a garage.

There are clearly some public safety issues in the ID, which has tended to be neglected in the past, partly due to being split between two police precincts (Chinatown and Little Saigon). The closer to I-5 or Dearborn, the worse. Overall, however, crime in the ID is not appreciably worse than downtown Seattle in general, and thus is deserving of the same cautions. With the First Hill Streetcar now running and a major development planned just east of I-5, the tendency is toward improvement.

Nearly a Year After Donnie Chin

Old 07-03-2016, 12:54 PM

lol, the apartment I'm looking at, I-5 is right behind it. It's the Metropolitan park apartment.

Old 07-03-2016, 02:14 PM

8,065 posts, read 8,339,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualErik View Post
lol, the apartment I'm looking at, I-5 is right behind it. It's the Metropolitan park apartment.
Where Jackson and King cross under I-5. You're a couple blocks north and west of there (four blocks total), plus not on the way to anywhere else. Just don't go walking under I-5 late at night and avoid the hookah bars.

Old 07-03-2016, 02:59 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,012,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
It all depends on where you're coming from. I'm fifty something. I don't want to live in a neighborhood like the U District or Capitol Hill. I could care less about hip and trendy. If I have a neighborhood with a couple of places to get a decent meal, a microbrew, an espresso, and a place to get nice produce, i'm happy. Having clubs around and lots of noisy young people around doesn't float my boat. But because a neighborhood is not hip or trendy and full of noisy young people doesn't make it characterless or boring.
For instance, Madrona is one of Seattle's oldest neighborhoods, with cool old houses and interesting stores, nice restaurants,Lake Washington and amazing views of the downtown Bellevue skyline. I don't happen to like being in downtown Bellevue. Too sterile, too new, too rich. strikes me as being boring and lacking character. But I like looking at it from Madrona.
I am almost 54 and I'll be hip and trendy like my jet setting grandmother til I am 100 . I SO wish I had the $$ to live in CH or UD even West Seattle .

Old 07-03-2016, 03:57 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,194,606 times
Cons: living in the international district

Pros: getting to leave the international district regularly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area