Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM

426 posts, read 788,993 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I will be visiting my family once agian come January. My 2nd cousin just turned 21 last April and while she lives there, she doesn't spend much time downtown. I was unable to celebrate with her so I wanted to possibly do something fun and take her out one evening, getting a hotel and all. Can you tell me what are some of the areas that have a good nightlife in Seattle. I've heard of Belltown being a happening spot, but is it full of just night clubs or pups and lounges? I kinda want to have a mixture of everything since I more than likely will let her chose and perhaps even do a little bit of bar hopping. How about a clean Hotel and is walking around the neighborhood safe at night?

Thank you all for your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 AM

807 posts, read 2,251,784 times
For hotels I'd recommend something along the lines of Hotel Andra on 4th Ave and bar hopping Belltown on 2nd Avenue. Unless it's a weekday I would avoid 1st Avenue.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 PM

304 posts, read 848,481 times
I really don't care for Belltown. It seems to have more bars than clubs and there is an undesirable element there. You'll hear drunk people in the streets at 9! You don't see a lot of people on the streets in Belltown, though. I think the area around Pike and 11th Ave is a very happening spot. It also has a safer feel to it. There is constant foot traffic. On a Friday or Saturday night you can hear live bands in some of the clubs. Venders sell hot food late at night on the sidewalks so that should give you a sense of the (low) level of crime in the area. Another hot clubbing spot is Pioneer Square. It's not nearly as safe but it has hordes of young women in heels and young men dressed like ballers lined up outside of clubs ready to party. I have to admit I don't party there. It's a little out of the way for me but I pass through there from time to time. It is definitely a clubbing scene where you'd want to go with a couple of friends - NOT ALONE.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,587,474 times
I'd recommend trying to see some live music at one of the many local venues. There are more than enough options. For one night, have everyone pitch in on a limo.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:24 AM

807 posts, read 2,251,784 times
Limo: "We're from out of town and/or Lynnwood!"

11th and Pike is definately the funnest part of the city for nightlife but hotel options are limited since its a long uphill walk. Maybe you could stay downtown and just suck up the cab fare.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,238,947 times
If you're going to hang out at 11th and Pike, the Silver Cloud Hotel is just a few blocks away:
Broadway Silver Cloud Hotel Offical Site

Old 11-18-2010, 11:55 AM

426 posts, read 788,993 times
Thanks everyone! Your information has been very helpful. I will look into the area of 11th and Pike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: