Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:54 PM

32 posts, read 100,236 times

Advertisements

We'll be in Seattle in three weeks. We need to buy a mattress and have it delivered before we get there. Can anyone recommend a good mattress shop?

I'm really leery of small shops screwing us by saying a mattress is new and repackaging one that isn't new. Unfortunately, that happens a lot at the smaller stores here in NYC. And I'm extremely paranoid about bedbugs so a new mattress is essential.

So, leaving aside my paranoia (), can anyone recommend a mattress dealer who you've had a good experience with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlebound1 View Post
We'll be in Seattle in three weeks. We need to buy a mattress and have it delivered before we get there. Can anyone recommend a good mattress shop?

I'm really leery of small shops screwing us by saying a mattress is new and repackaging one that isn't new. Unfortunately, that happens a lot at the smaller stores here in NYC. And I'm extremely paranoid about bedbugs so a new mattress is essential.

So, leaving aside my paranoia (), can anyone recommend a mattress dealer who you've had a good experience with?
I love Everrest mattress. They manufacture their own mattresses, so if you need a Sealy or Simmons, etc, you're out of luck, but they have a wide variety ranging from bad/cheap to really high quality, and they deliver for free, at least they used to. Factory showroom and no pressure.
Welcome to Everrest Mattress Inc.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
We got ours from Bedrooms & More because we really wanted an all natural, non-toxic mattress. We love it, they were great there, and our mattress is awesome.

V. =)

Old 01-05-2011, 07:30 AM

Thanks to both of you! This is a big help. I think we're going to go with Bedrooms and More. V, did you get an all-organic mattress or an Englander?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! This is a big help. I think we're going to go with Bedrooms and More. V, did you get an all-organic mattress or an Englander?
We got an Englander, because we just couldn't afford the higher end ones. We've had it about a year, and we LOVE it!!!

V. =)

Old 01-05-2011, 02:59 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,882,419 times
Just my two cents worth ... we have a platform bed with a $300 IKEA mattress and have never had a better night's sleep.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,101 times
I got mine from Totem Lake Furniture. Best price I could find in any store. The mattress is rolled up in a plastic cover so you don't even need a truck to bring it home. It took an hour or so for the mattress to expand to its full height after I unrolled it.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:32 PM

6 posts, read 35,479 times
Ikea

Old 01-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Thanks so much to everyone for your suggestions! You have been a great help!

And just by the way, I've had IKEA mattresses--both for my own bed and the guest bedroom. They are horrendous. Might have been OK when I was 24 and single but now that I share a bed with my husband and often, two jumping toddlers--NO WAY. Worst mattresses in the world--and I love IKEA.

LOL, I have shared the joke with a number of friends that you know you are an adult when you are in the market for a real mattress. I expect to pay at least $1500 for a decent mattress, and might have to go up to $2500, but it's worth it, and should last for at least a decade.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
LOL, I have shared the joke with a number of friends that you know you are an adult when you are in the market for a real mattress. I expect to pay at least $1500 for a decent mattress, and might have to go up to $2500, but it's worth it, and should last for at least a decade.
It's true! I felt very grown up when we bought our Englander!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area