Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM

43 posts, read 88,883 times

Advertisements

well, this woman who now lives in Bellevue is really just an acquaintance that I reconnected with on facebook so I didn't actually ask her how much she pays for her home. She seems like a pretty nice lady who isn't into all the materialistic stuff - believe me, I know all about materialism being from Dallas!! I love that San Diego is so laid back and hope that Seattle is laid back as well. If it weren't for my mother getting older and my entire family living in Texas, I would never move back there!!
I do like clean and new though but I appreciate the character and style of older homes. I am hoping we'll be able to come visit at the beginning of April for a week or so before we move there but I'm not sure. I'll keep all these places in mind.
What about the south, like Auburn area? My husband's friend mentioned that area and Renton. Said you can get more for you money. I can't imagine that area having yoga studios and such from what I researched so far on the south side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
If the eastside is an option, Bellevue does meet your other requirements, and once you get up toward the Crossroads area there are homes available in your price range.The commute can be as little as 10-15 minutes before 7am on I90, as long as 45 after 5pm. On days like today with snow the hardest part is getting to the freeway. We do expect the I90 commute to get worse in April when they start the new toll on the other (520) bridge.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 AM

43 posts, read 88,883 times
are there any farmers markets or any other organic food stores besides whole foods in bellevue? i do like whole foods but they are overpriced and my hubby doesn't like to shop there.
where would you see more families and children walking to the park and riding their bikes - in Bellevue or Seattle? Which one is prettier? Where would you get bigger yards?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:41 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
I found that in the Seattle area the regular groceries stores have huge sections of organic foods. I used to do all of my grocery shopping at the local Fred Meyer. Now that I'm in CA again, I have to shop at 3 or 4 different stores just to find all the organic foods I used to be able to get in one trip. There's a market called PCC which is pretty much all natural and organic foods, and there are tons of seasonal farmer's markets.

V. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area