Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 02:02 PM

13 posts, read 28,701 times

Advertisements

Looking at possibly doing a long term lease in Bellevue, would appreciate your insights about the area/neighborhood. The cross streets for the house are Northup way and West Sammamish Lake Drive. It is on the east side of Bellevue, close to the lake, but not on it. The zip code is 98008.
The reason I wanted to check is because the neighborhood maps on Zillow show it as part of Tam o'Shea neighborhood, while other maps show it as part of Crossroads--I have been reading up on the area, and read on multiple posts that Crossroads area is not as nice as some others. I would appreciate your input before we are stuck in an area that might not be a good fit for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Northup way is what you use to get to Crossroads. I believe the Tam O'Shea is a bit further north. Northup way/W. Lake Sammamish would be the end of Lake Hills, beginning of Crossroads. It can be a little busy on West Lake Sammamish.

Why wouldn't it be a good fit? It's a nice old neighborhood with great schools. Crossroads mall has come a long way and is a great community center as well. Lots of MS people go over there to eat because there's a world variety of choices. There's also the Crossroads park... GREAT little park! My young one LOVES going there during the summer. The Killerwhale water features (and others) is just killer. Other mentions: Easy access to Bellevue and Redmond (which has a "outdoor" mall and a *great* dog park), quiet, Lake Hills has a posh swim club, many parks close by (Lake Sammamish!), shopping is not far off as you have Overlake, Bellevue Sq, Redmond Town Center and Issaquah's all within a 20 minute drive. It also has a very involved community as well.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:52 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,474 times
I know that area quite well. My only complaint to it was how much time got added to my commute. You spend a LOT of time getting to your home from the highway after a long day's work. If you're coming off 90, you go along W Lake Sammamish @ 30 miles an hour for what seems like an eternity. If you come off the 405, you drive forever along 8th to get to Northrup. Either way you go, you've got about a 15 minute drive AFTER you've entered what is classified as residential zones.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM

13 posts, read 28,701 times
I appreciate both of your answers--this is better info than I would have after spending a couple of days house hunting out there --I will be in the area week after next to see the homes and make a final decision, but looking at Google maps, my husband commented that both W. Lake Sammamish Dr. And Northup Ave seemed to be busy streets. He said both of the roads look like "feeder streets" for the smaller, neighborhood roads. Also, should we be concerned that there aren't sidewalks on either street?
Living in Phoenix we are very used to sidewalks, and since my kids are Jr. High and elementary school age, I would not feel comfortable letting them walk to the park or lake by themselves without a sidewalk. Is it pretty common to not have sidewalks, or is it just because this particular neighborhood is older?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztobv View Post
... both W. Lake Sammamish Dr. And Northup Ave seemed to be busy streets. He said both of the roads look like "feeder streets" for the smaller, neighborhood roads. Also, should we be concerned that there aren't sidewalks on either street?
They are busy streets, however once it's night time, its not.

No need for concern given there's plenty of rooms on both side of the roads, and there's always kids and other people walking about. More so on W. Lake Sammamish. There is sidewalks up on Northup, but closer to where it feeds into the neighborhoods. (I think it's also practical for them NOT to have sidewalks on Lk Sammamish, a lot of those who live on the west side of the lake have very steep driveways which can be dangerous for them to drive down if we have snow, so they can park on the sides.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area