U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2011, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,354 times
Default Commute from Mercer Island to BFI

I will be relocating to Mercer Island in four months and do quite a bit of flying. I plan on basing out of Boeing Field in Seattle. What would be the average commute time between the two locales? What time of day would be best?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 PM

1,181 posts, read 1,659,954 times
One advantage of living on MI is you have access to I90 HOV lanes even if a single driver. They head toward Seattle in morning and head toward MI in afternoon. And in the morning traffic on I5 south from I90 is not a problem. Most of your drive time might be getting off the island depending on how far south you live. Once on I90, you could be at Boeing Field tower in 20 minutes. Same for return trip.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,269,952 times
Below is a link to check Seattle freeway traffic. Maybe you could look a couple times before your move to check when it's wide open. Between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm is usually ok except some days around lunch it gets heavy again.

I used to work a little south of Boeing Field and from the North end of Mercer Island it usually took 20 minutes. The freeways can get backed up, and it helps to have some alternate routes already mapped out.

WSDOT Seattle Area Traffic - Traffic Conditions and Travel Alerts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area