U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,272,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evda View Post
I'm sure if schools started catering to Muslim holidays and assuming all of the Christian kiddos and their families would be a-ok with it, there would be some "PCness" going on with the Christian folk. Just depends on your perspective.
A few years ago a Seattle school banned Halloween because it was offensive to Wiccans. Now they are messing with Easter eggs because they are offensive to ????

I'm not religious but we have always enjoyed celebrating traditional American holidays like Easter and Christmas. We don't care if the roots of the holiday aren't pure. What holiday is pure?

We need a new slogan printed on our tee shirts, something like "Hands off my holidays".

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 AM

2,631 posts, read 1,882,236 times
Im trying really hard to wrap my head around this one.
Spheres??? Really??? Eggs are not sphere shaped!
I can wrap my head around bunny balls! Good one!
So who is offended by Easter eggs?
And since when are wiccans offended by Halloween? It is one of their holidays.

Crazy crazy crazy....

Old 04-12-2011, 08:47 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,243,802 times
Spring OVOIDS is what they should be called. They are not spheres, so if these folks are going to be "PC", can they at least get the "C" part???

Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 AM

5,601 posts, read 12,398,740 times
Moderator interpose: Ok, this discussion no longer really pertains to the Seattle area specifically. This thread will be closed later today so get your comments in now. Please feel free to move the discussion to another forum here on C-DF. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 AM

3,274 posts, read 4,260,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Moderator interpose: Ok, this discussion no longer really pertains to the Seattle area specifically. This thread will be closed later today so get your comments in now. Please feel free to move the discussion to another forum here on C-DF. Thanks.
There is a discussion of this topic in the Politics and Other Controversies forum here on C-D

moderator interpose: thanks, Seattlerain.

Seattle School Renames Easter Eggs as 'Spring Spheres'

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-12-2011 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area