Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times

Advertisements

There are discos here? I thought I lived in Seattle and not 1973.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 AM

149 posts, read 496,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD OWNZ U View Post
Sounds like you just aren't good at flirting. If I meet a girl who seems cool but doesn't seem that interested I usually just move on. If guys are talking to you and throwing out compliments and end up leaving that's probably on you. Unless you have hot friends and they are just wingman-ing for their boys who are after your friends.

Plus you went to UCLA which is obviously a huge downside.

Fight On!
I used to be...not sure what happened. I have met a few people playing sports in the last couple of weeks. No one I am interested in but at least the guys weren't too annoying.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,553 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Go to events where a lot of single guys will be. For example, the Greenwood Car Show on 6/25, Seafair, Beerfest.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM

278 posts, read 636,291 times
Lol @ the local disco. Coming from the same dude that says to meet guys at church groups. Something tells me they are... Old.

Here's the thing girl, a lot of Seattle guys talk a big game to their friends but the reality of he situation is many have little confidence when it comes to being forward and taking the leap to ask a girl out. Almost every single of my Seattle friends native to wa have this problem. They're all good looking guys by any girls standards but Seattle is much more reserved than a lot if cities.

Here's what I'd do if I were: do not ask them out yourself, but give them enough obvious clues or comments to give them the little confidence boost they need in their heads that tell them "go for it dude!" hint that you wanna hang out sometime or see them again or hint that you think they're cute or hint they you feel like you have a lot in common.

I've noticed Seattle guys have no bar game because Seattle girls, unlike most girls, will often go to a bar and anytime a dude talks to them they'll act like the guy is crazy. Seen it a million times. Weirdest thing. It makes guys unconfident but what the guys don't realize is it's the girls who are weird not them. CHicks acting all high and mighty, exclusive, snobby etc... Seattle = more introverted than any city I've ever been. So give those guys the green light to ask you out in a subtle way.

Source: lived in Seattle 14 years through high school and college.

Oh and Seattle girls: loosen the hell up in bars. Jesus. Seattle guys: grow some balls.

Typos due to being typed all on my iPhone. Longest iPhone thing I've ever typed...

Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
Don't hint. As I look back on my single life now that I have more experience, I recall so many times when a girl was giving hints that I didn't pick up on.

It's equal opportunities these days. Ask for their email/phone details if you like them, don't wait for them to ask for yours.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM

224 posts, read 527,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Don't hint. As I look back on my single life now that I have more experience, I recall so many times when a girl was giving hints that I didn't pick up on.

It's equal opportunities these days. Ask for their email/phone details if you like them, don't wait for them to ask for yours.
Come on dude, the girl has to give some form of a hint (even a smile will work haha)

Old 06-15-2011, 03:16 PM

807 posts, read 2,257,598 times
SpikeDurden nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area