U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:25 PM

7,925 posts, read 5,668,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godhead View Post
I don't think Vandygirl come accross as bitter.
C'mon, take a look at those pics again.
You can't honestly be bragging about that dumpy looking neighborhood can you?
...yeah. Sure.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 PM

218 posts, read 291,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
...yeah. Sure.
okay, at least it is denser.
I suppose that's what really matters.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:45 PM

54 posts, read 34,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godhead View Post
okay, at least it is denser.
I suppose that's what really matters.
What is wrong with the middle photo that includes the coffee shop and surfers? Looks like a cute nabe to me. Especially compared to the anonymous, might as well be the surburbs, dumpy hood in the Seattle photos. Between the two, its not even a contest.

On its own sure - but that wasn't the point.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,081,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSF View Post
What is wrong with the middle photo that includes the coffee shop and surfers? Looks like a cute nabe to me. Especially compared to the anonymous, might as well be the surburbs, dumpy hood in the Seattle photos. Between the two, its not even a contest.

On its own sure - but that wasn't the point.
Dumpy...I don't see anything "dumpy".

It's awfully shallow to judge an entire neighborhood by a couple of pictures.

Seems to me that this thread really belongs in the city vs city forum...and I honestly don't think you would be happy in Seattle.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Dumpy...I don't see anything "dumpy".

It's awfully shallow to judge an entire neighborhood by a couple of pictures.

Seems to me that this thread really belongs in the city vs city forum...and I honestly don't think you would be happy in Seattle.
Bwahahahahaha. So let's see, some folks judge that San Francisco neighborhood by a couple of pictures and that's NOT shallow. I make a similar judgment about the Seattle nabe and that IS shallow.

I get it now. Many Seattle residents are passive-aggressive and hyper-sensitive. I know what to expect when I move.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:17 PM

3,965 posts, read 6,641,222 times
Let me try a different approach with this thread.

SF is denser than Seattle.

Seattle is denser than Spokane.

Spokane is denser than Yakima.

Cities are different. Some like density, some like room to roam. Why continue to argue what is fact based on some subjective opinion of what is best? What is best is not subjective, it is objective.

Those who insist one is better than the other need to step back and realize that what is best for you may not be best for someone else.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Let me try a different approach with this thread.

SF is denser than Seattle.

Seattle is denser than Spokane.

Spokane is denser than Yakima.

Cities are different. Some like density, some like room to roam. Why continue to argue what is fact based on some subjective opinion of what is best? What is best is not subjective, it is objective.

Those who insist one is better than the other need to step back and realize that what is best for you may not be best for someone else.
Don't you mean what is best is not objective, it is subjective?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 PM

7,980 posts, read 13,492,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSF View Post
Bwahahahahaha. So let's see, some folks judge that San Francisco neighborhood by a couple of pictures and that's NOT shallow. I make a similar judgment about the Seattle nabe and that IS shallow.

I get it now. Many Seattle residents are passive-aggressive and hyper-sensitive. I know what to expect when I move.
GoBlue,
Tell me you haven't decided that Seattle residents are passive aggressive and hypersensitive based on some BS you read on an internet forum. Have you spent any time here?
I'm certainly not the one who is going to tell you that people are wonderful everywhere. But I will tell you that everyplace has it's share of idiots and know it alls, and those are the types that tend to comment on blogs and forums.
I doubt very much that the people in SF and Seattle are much different. I'm sure they both have their share of jerks.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 PM

114 posts, read 21,963 times
I LOVE THE SUNSET, AMERICAN IRISH PRIDE!!!! even tho were all just about gone now, we built it

Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
GoBlue,
Tell me you haven't decided that Seattle residents are passive aggressive and hypersensitive based on some BS you read on an internet forum. Have you spent any time here?
I'm certainly not the one who is going to tell you that people are wonderful everywhere. But I will tell you that everyplace has it's share of idiots and know it alls, and those are the types that tend to comment on blogs and forums.
I doubt very much that the people in SF and Seattle are much different. I'm sure they both have their share of jerks.
Based on some advice I've been given by several people who used to live in Seattle.

At the same time, no, I'm not going to decide based on an Internet forum. And I will keep an open mind. There's that old adage about arguing on the Internet being like the Special Olympics. ("Even if you win, you're still retarded." - not very PC, I know). Which I accept applies equally around, including myself.

That said, despite some folks protestations to the contrary, I am worried about months on end of gray and no sunshine, and I don't buy that its "not that bad", not in a New York minute. (which if you've ever been to NYC, is half as long as a normal minute) ;p
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area