Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,300 times

Advertisements

I just graduated from HS and the plan is for me and two buddies to get an apartment and go to Bellevue College. I have about 3-4g's saved up so I hope that is enough to get me started. I'm already looking for a job down there, which hopefully won't be to hard because I have a lot of work experience. But my question is how should I go about all this. I know number one I need a job and so do my friends. What are some apartments to look at and what are some things that I should know? Also would 3 people living in a 2 bedroom be manageable? Thx in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,568 posts, read 81,147,605 times
There are many apartments within walking distance of BC, but the rent for a 2 br is going to be $1,300-$2,000/month. Like most areas, jobs are hard to find, with far more applicants than openings. As a non-resident your tuition will be about 3 times that of the resident students. BC does have a good reputation for education, and successful transfer to 4 year universities.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM

325 posts, read 787,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
As a non-resident your tuition will be about 3 times that of the resident students.
Is the original poster a resident of Washington state simply moving to the Seattle area from elsewhere in the state? If so, tuition should be at the resident level, right? However, if the OP is from a different state, that is a significant thing to consider and you may want to spend your first year getting settled here, getting a job and gaining residency and then enrolling in year two.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,300 times
Yeah man I live in Maple Valley right now. But any more info on those walking distance apartments?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinersfan51 View Post
But any more info on those walking distance apartments?
When I was attending BCC, they had their "dorms" behind the school (IIRC, it was an apartment complex ran partially by the school). Have you looked into that?

There are a lot of apartments on the Eastgate Way... and SE 37th? But I don't know what the price range on those. I do know they're pretty nice and definitely close.

You could also look further down on NE 148th st, there's plenty of them there. Those apartments are older as well, so it might be a tad cheaper.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,568 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Here's a couple a few blocks away, I remember the names from passing by every day on the way to the park & ride:

Port Apartments Apartments For Rent in Bellevue, Washington - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Bombay Bicycle Club Apartments For Rent in Bellevue, Washington - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

They are actually cheaper than I thought but of you look up the reviews they are not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area