Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 PM

30 posts, read 155,448 times

Advertisements

My husband will be working in Bothell. We have two children. One just starting high school and one just starting middle school. We are looking for something within a 30 minute commute of Bothell. We are looking for something with good schools, family environment, and we will be leasing a house. I know everyone is probably sick of the we are moving where is the best place to live but we honestly don't know where to start looking. Any advice is appreciated. And is Bothell a good area? I am a practice manager for physicians offices so I will be looking for a job in that field after we get settled. Thanks

Last edited by Gators15; 08-30-2011 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 08:57 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Bothell's a great area. As long you're in the Eastside, good schools and family environments are everywhere. Closeby, you have Woodinville, Kirkland.

To the west, you have Shoreline and Lake Forest Park (within the Shoreline SD), also good schools and great family environment.

Kirkland has the Evergreen Medical Center. Bellevue has Overlake Medical Center and Group Health Hospital. Seattle has several main hospitals (Swedish, Virginia Mason, Harborview, Group Health) which also have clinics all over Seattle area. University of Washington has a great medical center as well.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 AM

Thank you Inkpoe. I will start researching those areas. I appreciate the information.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
Bothel is a great community to live in. Why not just live there?

Old 09-03-2011, 07:34 PM

492 posts, read 1,041,785 times
I agree, working in Bothell has the advantage of being able to live where you work. In the Seattle area that's like gold.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 AM

My husband did look at Bothell and he really liked it. We didn't realize that it was a great area to live in. He also was looking at Mikleto. He liked that area because it was near the water. He said it looked like the town was growing and was smaller than Bothell. We currently live in a very small town with about 700 students in the entire high school. He found houses in Bothell and Mikleto that he liked. We both golf also and one of the houses in Mikleto was on a golf course. Thanks for the replies.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,884,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators15 View Post
My husband did look at Bothell and he really liked it. We didn't realize that it was a great area to live in. He also was looking at Mikleto. He liked that area because it was near the water. He said it looked like the town was growing and was smaller than Bothell. We currently live in a very small town with about 700 students in the entire high school. He found houses in Bothell and Mikleto that he liked. We both golf also and one of the houses in Mikleto was on a golf course. Thanks for the replies.
Just a quick correction the town is spelled Mukilteo ... Mikleto is something you stand under at Christmas

Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Mukilteo is a great place, but wouldn't be a pleasant commute to Bothell. If you wanted to be close to Puget Sound, Edmonds or Richmond Beach would be an easier commute to Bothell.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:40 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
If you want water, just remember you also have Lake Washington right there. Access from Bothell is just about instant. Bothell has a handful of golf courses around.

I concur that Mukilteo, as beautiful and awesome as it is, will not be a walk in the park traffic.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the correction on the spelling of Mukilteo...I looked on google map and obviously didn't do a very good job of multi-tasking ...Didn't know that the commute would be that bad from Mukilteo. Sounds like traffic really is what people say it is...Thank you for the information. It is nice to find these things out before we choose a place to live. Sounds like Bothell is where we need to be. I really do appreciate the advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area