Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM

277 posts, read 442,103 times

Advertisements

I was going to post this in my previous thread, but i was too lazy to edit the title (If thats even an option..). So my husband was googling around and came across the website for the Terry Denny lofts in Pioneer Square and is in love with them. And I am to. The interiors look amazing and it's completely within our price range/budget. Which is why I need to know if that area is filled with crackheads and methadone clinics. Because I don't understand why they'd be so affordable otherwise, lol. Or if there's something else to be concerned about in that area or the building. Like a 10 year waiting list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM

353 posts, read 934,508 times
do a search for Pioneer square
Pioneer Square - Safe place to live for a single woman?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:01 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Pioneer Square isn't exactly a neighborly type area... as popular as it is to visit there, it's just not desirable in terms of living. There definitely is an unsavory lot there during the night time, with all the clubs and drug users. Day time, it's pretty touristy/small business-y (which accounts for the non-neighborly feel). Occidental Park is beautiful... but the homeless people like to be there as well... one thing I do not like about Occidental Park now is that urine smell. Lots of great food, drinks, restaurants around. Bad traffic, parking sucks. My brother lived in DT Seattle... parking is a premium, the very minimum he would have to pay for a slot was $200 dollars/mo. So he tried to do on-street parking-- too much of a hassle (plus he kept getting dings everyday). It is now more of hassle with all the new ridiculous on-street parking rules. Pioneer sq has even less parking space than other parts of town.

If you like to volunteer, the Union Gospel Mission is right there.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 5,307 times
Exclamation Pricing

My husband and I just discovered Terry Denny as well, but we can't find the prices online anywhere! I emailed the manager, but I would like to have something to refer back to. Where did you find the price if the lofts and penthouses?

Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 PM

175 posts, read 637,305 times
I'd love to hear more on this if anyone can provide price range to rent. Moving to SEA area in 60-90 days.
Thanks

Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 AM

55 posts, read 96,495 times
As would I. I would love the downtown lifestyle but would like to hear more about the eighborhoods. We don't have a car and won't for quite s some time.. So is public transportation good in the core of seattle? Is crime really an issue downtown? It's noticeable?

Old 07-28-2012, 10:14 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,332 times
Freaked by Beggars

Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 AM

277 posts, read 442,103 times
Well, we chose to live in Queen Anne rather than PS. The loft we looked at was nice, but no amenities and parking was an issue. As was having a spot to take the dog out. As for pricing, it should be on the website.. anywhere from $1500-2500. I saw a penthouse one listed on CL a few days ago for like $2600 though. I really don't go downtown that often, but the buses aren't too bad. I think it'd be great if we were younger, wanted to be in the center of things, didn't care about the missions that are literally at the end of the street... but we wanted something more.. friendly. I love the part of QA we're in, but we'll be looking to go to Ballard when our lease is up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area