Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 12:22 PM

810 posts, read 851,233 times

Advertisements

You all have hit on some great places. Seattle is a great city and I miss living there. Down in PDX now.

In the summer you can take in a ball game at Safeco. Not sure how tickets are for the Sea Hawks. when I lived there 88-91 it was very difficult to find any tickets. Seattle has a junior hockey team. That's always fun. I go to games down here usually when they play Seattle because it is a huge rivalry.

Seattle Center is home to the Space needle the monorail and the Music Experience place. I have not been in it but heard a lot of good things about it.

Ride the ferry. It's fun and you get a nice view of the city from the water.

I love Green Lake area, it's so pretty. The zoo is another place you can visit and the aquarium. I have not been to either in many years so not sure how they are anymore.

Enjoy the Emerald City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 05:03 PM

278 posts, read 335,471 times
This TS is now 34 years old lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoasterchix View Post
So I have arrived in Seattle, and gone back east for my vacation, and now I'm here.. with my work schedule, and an extension till April.

I'm wondering now that i'm here where are good places to go? Things to do? I'm finding Seattle incredibly overwhelming both in navigating the city and getting a sense of direction, and it's large... so no clue where I should be going to be doing things.

I live up in the Maple Leaf area- so I've found Greenlake.. which is nice, and walked around there.

I like just about everything, and enjoy the outdoors.

Can anyone give me pointers for a). things to do b). churches aimed at my age group c). good ways to meet people d). parks and recreation e). where to look for museums and theater productions, etc.

I'm 25 single female.

Any information to help decrease the overwhelmingness and fear of the city would be great.

Thanks
Jenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area