Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 08:09 AM

277 posts, read 442,152 times

Advertisements

Going from Seatac to Queen Anne. We plan on taking the light rail to the Westlake station and then a cab to the hotel. We get in at noon, so I have no idea what traffic or anything will be like. I want to use the rest of that day to look at apartments so if it would be faster to just take a cab the whole way I'm not opposed to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 AM

368 posts, read 695,633 times
It can vary greatly depending on traffic. If traffic isn't too bad it can take 20-25 minutes or so.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
The light rail from Sea-Tac to Westlake takes 38 minutes. Add another five if the cab is sitting there waiting for you when you get off the light rail.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,783,832 times
The only consideration I would add is there is some extra activity at Westlake center from the 'occupy Wallstreet' protesters. Anything like that can snarl traffic a bit. Otherwise I'd say that extra bit of time saved by taking the taxi the whole way is not worth the $$$ it would cost. However if you're concerned about your timetable, this is something you may want to take into account.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:36 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayela View Post
The only consideration I would add is there is some extra activity at Westlake center from the 'occupy Wallstreet' protesters. Anything like that can snarl traffic a bit. Otherwise I'd say that extra bit of time saved by taking the taxi the whole way is not worth the $$$ it would cost. However if you're concerned about your timetable, this is something you may want to take into account.
Yes, the OWS is growing as well. If u decide to forego the taxi, it would be better to take the LR to Westlake Center and then taking the monorail to Seattle Center. It would be easier to hail a cab from the Space Needle than Westlake. And cheaper than taking a cab overall. Or you could just walk instead, Lower Queen Anne is just a hop away from Seattle Center.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
Too bad you didn't land today. The weather is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM

277 posts, read 442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
Too bad you didn't land today. The weather is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I've been looking at the weather sites. It's been pouring here for two days now. I'm down with clouds but when I have a lake in my backyard (and not the one that's actually supposed to be there) it's annoying. At least I have a really good thunder/lightning storm to watch and listen to right now to not make me even more jealous of you guys.

40 minutes isn't bad. The monorail may actually be a good choice. Our hotel is literally right behind the Seattle Center on Roy St. Thanks guys!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area