Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,518 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband and I (with baby on the way) are relocating with work. My husband's new job will be in Lynnwood. We did some research and don't think we want to live in Lynnwood. So far, we're looking at Bothell, Edmonds, Shoreline, Mill Creek, and Mukilteo. We are looking to initially rent a house for around $2,000 / month. We'd like like to live in a nice neighborhood, with a good school district and a good commute. Can you recommend the best area for us?

On a side note, does anybody know of a good ob/gyn and hospital to deliver in those areas? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM

84 posts, read 289,422 times
These people can help you get a good OBGYN
Northwest OB-GYN

Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM

151 posts, read 548,324 times
Evergreen is one of the best hospitals around to have a baby...and I don't work there. I had my first child there last year and it was a good experience. Our little one never left the room we were in, we had a nurse that was assigned just to us, and we had our own room that was very large.

We live in Bothell and we are happy there. Mill Creek is very small, and nice too, and we have friends that live there. I am not a city person so I enjoy living in the suburbs. We wanted to stay in the Northshore School District, as we heard that one is one of the top in the area, and we found that housing is somewhat afforadable for it.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM

24 posts, read 97,110 times
I've been living in Lake Forest Park for almost 20 years. It's a easy commute to Lynnwood, you can get there in probably under 20 minutes. If there's lots of traffic there are back roads you can take. It takes around 25 minutes to drive to downtown seattle, maybe 35 minutes for Bellevue.

Schools are pretty decent as well.

Mulkiteo is nice, but IMO, if you like to go to downtown Seattle, it's a little bit north.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:20 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
I like Lake Forest Park too. Northshore schools, same as Bothell. 15 minute drive to Lynnwood. Big trees, and a lot of cool older houses.
My cousins live in Edmonds. Lovely place. Charming downtown.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I like Lake Forest Park too. Northshore schools, same as Bothell. 15 minute drive to Lynnwood. Big trees, and a lot of cool older houses.
My cousins live in Edmonds. Lovely place. Charming downtown.
Actually LFP is Shoreline, not Northshore SD. While not as highly rated as Northshore, Shoreline SD is a very good district.

All the cities that OP listed have school districts that are better than average with lots of good neighborhoods; all she really needs to do is find a house that she likes.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Actually LFP is Shoreline, not Northshore SD. While not as highly rated as Northshore, Shoreline SD is a very good district.

All the cities that OP listed have school districts that are better than average with lots of good neighborhoods; all she really needs to do is find a house that she likes.
Inkpoe's right, and I had a brain fart. Indeed, LFP is in the Shoreline district. neighboring Kenmore is in the Northshore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area