Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,104,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
@ Caraway - LOL! That's hilarious! Yes, SoCal has the most perfect climate, however everyone knows it so it's just too freakin' expensive to live there. I know I'm suffering from Greener Grass syndrome, but at least Austin only has to deal with major heat less than 6 months out of the year. If I hadn't shut my heater off in my house, it would be on year round this year! Plus I run cold, so I wouldn't even begin to suffer until it's in the mid to high 90's with humidity (although, don't they have this fancy thing called A/C down there?). I'm the person who goes outside at work on a hot day to warm up because I think that the A/C is too cold (I just requested a heater for under my desk yesterday, because I had to wear my down vest all day at work).

I've actually gone running in 115 degree heat in Vegas before and hung out in Chicago and New Orleans in the 100's. I'm disappointed when I go on a sunny vacation and the forecast is lower than 85 degree temps. But, alas, I'm am only one person in a family of four and the rest of my family doesn't crave hot weather the way I do, so I'm willling to suffer for my family :-). (she says on a nice sunny day...)

@everygray - Good luck with the weather! I hope it's nice and sunny and warm for you the whole time! Where are you moving to when you leave Seattle?
Drink a glass of red wine for lunch and one with dinner. The alcohol opens up blood circulation in the extremities making you feel warmer, and the iron content can help with anemia if you have that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 11:50 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,670,834 times
I was actually in Seattle today and it was very sunny and rather warm. A little warmer than I'd prefer, actually. I spent most of the day trying to stay in the shade. Not bad, though.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:37 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,876,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail-Walker View Post
I love the area north of Seattle no matter what the weather is This is a Coastal rain forest for God's sake, did nobody explain that to you before you moved there? Life is growing everywhere and as long as you dress apporpriately you can do all your favorite activities year round; hiking,biking, camping, fly-fishing, skiing.etc

Try being stuck in SE Florida where the average temperature during the summer is 95 -99 degrees and then add the heat index to make it a blistering 105 to 116 degrees. Not to mention that most of the people living in SoFlo are transplants from the Northeast (ie, rude, ignorant and obnoxious), or are third world illegal aliens who's favorite past time is to rape rob and pillage, and I was a federal law officer here for thirty years so I do have some insight to goings on in the area. Let's not forget the hurricanes and having to shoot all the looters.

Be thankful for what you have and that you live among some decent human beings, I hope to be joining you kind people in the near future.

Regards.
I live in South Florida and don't think the weather has been that bad this summer. South Florida is a great place to live, you don't know how good you have it. I'm a Chicago native and will take South Florida weather over Chicago and Seattle any day! But I love Seattle and could easily see myself being happy living there.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:32 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,788,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Well I hope you all enjoyed you 3 weeks of summer because its over. The cold and overcast is here to stay. I'll be heading down to SoCal in a few days try and stretch out this summer for a few more weeks.
I'm heading back to summer tomorrow. Eastern Washington FTW!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:06 AM

288 posts, read 715,430 times
Default Weather Comparison

I check the weather a lot to see how places compare. It appears that it rains a lot more in other places, at least in this time of year. I gather Seattle is more so "cloudy" than rainy?
Attached Thumbnails
Seattle Weather/Climate Thread-image74.gif  

Old 08-16-2011, 12:37 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,055,588 times
Seattle is just cloudy. Even when it rains it doesn't stop you from going outside. It's just drizzle. It hasn't officially rained since July 25

Old 08-16-2011, 04:15 PM

135 posts, read 295,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattletony View Post
I have read quite a few post on this forum and I find it interesting that out of all major cities Seattle is judged more on its perceived rain fall and overcast skies than any other city in the country. I have lived in Baton Rouge, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, and the bay area and have also traveled to every region of this country but Seattle is home born and raised for the most part. I think people over exaggerate the weather of Seattle especially people from Socal and AZ but I guess its easy when these places only get 8 inches of rain a year and an average of 10 cloudy days. Its funny however that these same people never complain about the close to 200 BAD AIR DAYS A YEAR. Bakersfield south to North Orange County East to Riverside and San Bernidino county has the worst air quality in the country not to mention in most of these places its SIX MONTHS NOT 2 OR 3 OF hell hot weather. So I'll take 40-50 overcast with slight drizzle want to know why?? because I can be out in it without suffering heat stroke or breathing smog. The bay??? uh the bay is not that much different weather wise than the pacnorthwest San Fran gets 20-30 inches of rain fall on any given year its just not as overcast but they do get WET WINTERS. People have this mind set that all of california is like LA and thats wrong Northern California is more like Seattle/Portland than they will admit. The point I'm trying to make is that having sun is only good if you can enjoy it. If your in air conditioning six months out of the year whats the point. Seattle is the most well rounded city in the country the rain makes the air clean and breathable and everything is green. go to a dictionary and look up the word paradise it means garden and thats what Seattle is???
I am a native and local Southern Californian, and I have to agree with this post. One thing I find odd about So Calians is that in winter, people never want to go out in the evenings. They consider 50 degrees "freezing," and putting on a light wool coat and a cute scarf is too much effort. And rain: they don't tend to like it (this is a generalization). I get blasted with status update complaints on facebook about the "horrible weather" in the Springtime when it is 62 degrees, smells fresh and clean, and is lightly raining. "Horrible weather" is 10 degrees and stuck in a snow storm with wind chaffing your face, not a light rain requiring a measly sweater. It's like the world will come to a crashing halt if it isn't 75-90 degrees and perfect surfing conditions.

Personally, coming from So Cal, I find the weather in Seattle rather appealing! I like the idea of not having to slather on sunscreen or seek shelter in an air conditioned department store in the summer because the apartments do not have air conditioning and it is 90 humid degrees. And clean, fresh air???? Yes, please! I am glad to be reminded that it exists.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 PM

291 posts, read 686,022 times
Pittsburgh weather is similar to Seattle weather in my opinion. So if you liked Pittsburgh you would like Seattle.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,031,537 times
Interesting...how did you come to the conclusion that Seattle and Pittsburgh have similar weather?

Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 PM

16,581 posts, read 27,254,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerdancer View Post
I am a native and local Southern Californian, and I have to agree with this post. One thing I find odd about So Calians is that in winter, people never want to go out in the evenings. They consider 50 degrees "freezing," and putting on a light wool coat and a cute scarf is too much effort. And rain: they don't tend to like it (this is a generalization). I get blasted with status update complaints on facebook about the "horrible weather" in the Springtime when it is 62 degrees, smells fresh and clean, and is lightly raining. "Horrible weather" is 10 degrees and stuck in a snow storm with wind chaffing your face, not a light rain requiring a measly sweater. It's like the world will come to a crashing halt if it isn't 75-90 degrees and perfect surfing conditions.

Personally, coming from So Cal, I find the weather in Seattle rather appealing! I like the idea of not having to slather on sunscreen or seek shelter in an air conditioned department store in the summer because the apartments do not have air conditioning and it is 90 humid degrees. And clean, fresh air???? Yes, please! I am glad to be reminded that it exists.
Finally someone who feels my pain LOL.+1

I can't wait to get out of SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area