Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 02:12 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,788,157 times

Advertisements

SOOOOO muggy again today! I wish it wasn't! It's still very unusually warm out there for this time of year too! 10 past midnight and it's still 67 degrees outside! It's the first official day of fall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post
It's 8pm and 85 degrees with 90% humidity here.
Disgusting!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:17 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,542,909 times
Ugh, i hate Seattle's humid weather. Not looking forward to going back.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:41 AM

277 posts, read 440,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Disgusting!
VERY! I'd love to have 80 degrees and 60% humidity right now. That would feel amazing since it's been at least 90+ degrees every day since April. When it rained yesterday it was 94 with 98% humidity. Seriously.

When I'm out there, I'll be the crazy girl walking around in shorts and flip flops and trying to hug the weather

Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 AM

288 posts, read 715,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Ugh, i hate Seattle's humid weather. Not looking forward to going back.
From the humidity graph for Seattle it looks like the humidity is highest when it is coldest which I think is great! The lower temperatures would make it pleasant from my standpoint. After a horrendous month in Texas of 100+ temps over 89 days it would be great to be in that environment.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,911,078 times
Quote:
SOOOOO muggy again today! I wish it wasn't! It's still very unusually warm out there for this time of year too! 10 past midnight and it's still 67 degrees outside! It's the first official day of fall!
Hmm...well, out here in the boonies (Pierce Co.), today is absolutely beautiful: blue sky with a few high clouds, 80-ish degrees, a gentle breeze - heavenly!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 PM

Yet ANOTHER muggy day in Seattle. What is going on? I don't like this! lol

Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,801,145 times
Quote:
Well, today wasn't as bad as yesterday. At least there was more wind around. I hate it when it's muggy and there's not a breeze. It's almost like someone is sitting on your lungs.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:55 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,911,078 times
Quote:
Ever been to Houston? Lafayette, LA? Now THAT's mugginess!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:24 AM

653 posts, read 1,777,249 times
Glad to see there is an ongoing thread on Seattle weather. Even though I'm not from the area, I follow the weather pretty closely out your way. I'm hoping I can visit out there soon, maybe the end of next month but, if not then, maybe for some storm watching this winter.. which I think you'll have plenty of.

While I'm not a degreed meteorologist, I have enough knowledge that surpasses the typical person but I'm sure less than most who hold a degree in that field. So my thoughts are as follows: For the second year in a row, the PACNW will be influenced by La Nina conditions. I am fairly certain that this year will be above average for storminess and possible lowland snowfalls, not to mention what could very well be another banner year for ski enthusiasts.

In the short term, it looks like the first decent storm system comes rolling in around Monday into Tue. That will put an end to your unusually humid and warm weather. A trip to the coast may be in order if you want to watch some decent waves, probably Sunday afternoon into Monday for the best surf before winds become onshore. I'm looking at 35-50mph winds along the favored areas of Puget Sound and along the coast Sunday evening and up to 2 inches of rain for the Olympics and about an inch in the Cascade passes. At least a half inch possible for the greater Seattle area. Conditions should settle down by Tuesday and the rest of the week looks relatively tranquil.

Longer term I'm seeing a more active period possibly set up by around Oct. 7-9, give or take a day.

In case your not aware of this site, Cliff Mass, a very experienced meteorologist from the Seattle area, has a blog you can follow. If you have a basic understanding of weather, you can follow his thoughts at the link below. To be continued.

Cliff Mass Weather Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area