Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:13 PM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
.......oh jeez..... I just may have to move back!

--'rocco
Come on home!!! I find the Native Washingtonians much kinder than any of us CA transplants!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 05:01 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Aw gee, compltlyme, you're all right!

to you too.

--'rocco

Old 12-10-2006, 12:03 AM

642 posts, read 3,072,120 times
rocco I am an ole' Seattlite transplanted for the last 6 years in LA, if you can imagine! That is how desperate I was for a break from the gray and rain. This is coming from someone who mostly loved the rain and gray, but I spent 1 too many weekends with my husband down in the PS area during the year we only got 6 weeks of summer and sun and that was it--I was bitten.

Seattle is amazing, but as a runner I run year round now, which I never did in Seattle. I always started slackin' in late October then November was harder and then next thing you know no running for months and spring was a bloomin'. Seattle is also a lot of fun in the winter, but it is dreary and even dangerous downtown and in other areas. The traffic got to me. Combined with the rain and lack of light it can actually be very dangerous to drive at night as well. Can you imagine I feel so much safer driving here in LA? I do.

How is the golfing season in St. George rocco? How is it being a resident? What do you do for mental and artistic stimulation? Those would be my concerns and also the lack of shopping. But I have read excellent things about that area. Looks as though they even have a very good college.

I remember Redmond before MS. It was so rural and just nice and mellow, way mellow. Ah, it is so weird to leave Seattle. I must admit it is a tough city to shake, once it has crawled up into one's bones. But sun does have a way of making things prettier to look at sometimes. Rain? Well, it is a way of life there. You either live it or move on.

May I add, I haven't had more then 2 intelligent conversations since I left Seattle for southern California. I miss the brains of the Seattle folks. Nice people, interesting people, but also city savvy, with a bit of country about them. Interesting group of people and hard to replicate. Not much below the surface here in California, at least in Southern.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:48 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
--delete--

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-19-2007 at 10:49 PM..

Old 12-10-2006, 01:24 PM

Awww come on fairweathergolfer... be nice. Not all of us Southern Californians are that shallow.. However I will agree it is nice to go to a party and not have to hear about who's plastic surgeon is better.

I have to defend my native Californians... There are a lot of very intelligent people there and have learned the hard way, that how you find them depends on the groups you associate with.....

BUT I will say this for the Seattle area... there are many, many more educated people here. Good people with heart. And not everything is always a competition here. If someone is doing something great...they share info as opposed to down there, where is is all about ME and What can you do for ME...

Old 12-10-2006, 06:55 PM

603 posts, read 1,994,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compltlyme View Post
BUT I will say this for the Seattle area... there are many, many more educated people here. Good people with heart. And not everything is always a competition here. If someone is doing something great...they share info as opposed to down there, where is is all about ME and What can you do for ME...
They don't call them bleeding heart liberals for nothin'. lol

Old 01-09-2007, 07:22 PM

454 posts, read 905,333 times
Default bad weather heading our way... again

Well, here we go again.

Got the call to head for work. Power crews and all hands on deck. May be talking with some of you personally in the next couple of days!

The dufferz

Old 01-09-2007, 07:49 PM

With you in spirit Duff!!! You guys are awesome!!!

I hope it isn't like it was last time.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 AM

454 posts, read 905,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compltlyme View Post
With you in spirit Duff!!! You guys are awesome!!!

I hope it isn't like it was last time.
thanks. Hopefully I can stay awake an not join you is spirit! First night is always tough when you worked all day.

No, so far only 28,000 out, mostly on Whidbey Island which was spared for the last blast. Still early, so I may be crying by morning... holding the breath that north king county stays up and running for the sake of those who were out for a week before.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:39 PM

139 posts, read 1,216,514 times
We have had a 100 year events occurr this winter wind gust equal to a catagory 3 hurricane at times more rain (close to 14 inches) in November in the recorded history of the city. I'm no meteorologist but what can all this be chalked up to??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area