U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 PM

1,732 posts, read 2,213,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
On the negative side: yes, it is about 8 to 9 months of gloomy weather, ruining even some days during the summer season
Yes because during those entire 9 months we never see the sun. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,559,130 times
I've heard it's so dark up there that they recently euthanized 10,000 emperor penguins for mistaking Seattle for Antarctica and laying their eggs around Pioneer Square

Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 PM

14,755 posts, read 15,367,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
...only venturing outside to pick up some vitamin-D or Prozac!
Prozac is so 1987. They have newer ones now.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 PM

4,248 posts, read 5,258,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Prozac is so 1987. They have newer ones now.
That sounds like something a Californian would say...

Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM

311 posts, read 139,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Here is the deal. Yes, it is cloudy and dark from late October to Mid April, and then maybe a 2nd round in late May or early June. However, (and this is important), the sun DOES come out during this period. Perhaps for not very long, but it isn't like it is non-existent. So we don't get a lot of sun, but the idea that the sun never comes out during the late fall-winter-early spring is a myth.
I don't think anyone here has seriously suggested that. At. All.

But go ahead and tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM

1,732 posts, read 2,213,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
I don't think anyone here has seriously suggested that. At. All.

But go ahead and tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Actually it has been suggested numerous times. Whether or not it is precisely what the posters have meant is another question. I suggest if you read posts carefully however, that is in fact exactly the meaning of what has been written.

But you can keep telling yourself otherwise if it makes you feel better.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Actually the reason people say those summer days are more glorious than anywhere else are because of the beautiful unmatched scenery that is exposed on those days, and because the normal temperatures those days are around 75 degrees- so it's perfectly comfortable, not hot, not cold, and not humid. Doesn't get any more perfect than that!
"Doesn't get any better than that"?

The Northern California coastline for 7 months of the year is basically clear blue skies with room temperature weather. Even longer (and warmer) in SoCal. I've had Thanksgiving dinner OUTDOORS south of Big Sur overlooking the Pacific Ocean from atop a cliff face with clear views to the horizon.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Actually it has been suggested numerous times. Whether or not it is precisely what the posters have meant is another question. I suggest if you read posts carefully however, that is in fact exactly the meaning of what has been written.

But you can keep telling yourself otherwise if it makes you feel better.
It hasn't been suggested (except in the most obviously hyperbolic of statements). You could only take that as the meaning if you are a hypersensitive Seattle-ite who takes any criticism of Seattle as a personal attack of the highest order.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 PM

14,755 posts, read 15,367,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
That sounds like something a Californian would say...
Oh yeah, another quick story. I'm opening up a new account at *cough* Wamu *cough* in Kirkland. This polite and stoic lady is the new account officer. She gets my name, address and DOB. Then she asks, "Place of birth?" I replied "Santa Monica, CA." I'm observant, and I saw this ever so slight scowl.

Now there was another Wamu on the East Side where Janet Reno's "double" worked. I went there, because she was cool....just like Seattle's weather. Everybody in my office that banked there knew her as "Janet Reno."

Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 PM

3,973 posts, read 7,360,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
It hasn't been suggested (except in the most obviously hyperbolic of statements). You could only take that as the meaning if you are a hypersensitive Seattle-ite who takes any criticism of Seattle as a personal attack of the highest order.
No, not hypersensitive, just a realist. I could care less what the perception is of Seattle weather, but I can offer, as a native, the reality. That isn't hypersensitive, it is just what is true. Offering the truth isn't "hypersensitive", it is just an honest view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area