U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 PM

546 posts, read 1,053,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
My sentiments exactly. I am not that fond of temps going to 100+ degrees. However, if the humidity is high, that makes it worse.

A few days ago, I walked back from school to my apartment. I immediately started sweating, to the point where I had to take my shirt off. I couldn't take it. One of the worst things about the southeastern climate is that no matter what you do, it doesn't really matter. I could take a hot shower, wear clean clothes, put on good deodorant(such as old spice) and I will still end up sweating and the deodorant won't work. One will get sweaty and the aroma of deodorant can't hold up. Part of why most people in the South drive. It is simply too hot to walk anywhere. I don't have a choice. I don't have a car, nor can I afford one, so I walk. Part of the reason Seattle's climate has more of an appeal with me.
Perfect description of the southeast! I'm in Raleigh NC and the heat with the humidity is oppressive! I miss the West Coast and a "few" of those dreary cloudy days...
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,979,965 times
I concur with what others have said- the climate here in Seattle is great- these cooler temperatures in the summer are excellent for being outdoors without sweating profusely, and the winter is rarely cold enough to keep us indoors, either. I hate heat- anything above about 75 degrees is too hot for me so I'll still run air conditioning when it's that warm- but other than those days I'm as happy as can be.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM

26,028 posts, read 21,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
Perfect description of the southeast! I'm in Raleigh NC and the heat with the humidity is oppressive! I miss the West Coast and a "few" of those dreary cloudy days...
Me too. I miss the West Coast sometimes. The PNW(Everett,WA specifically) isn't the only place I have lived. I used to live in Ft. Worth,TX. It got into the 100's over there. It was hot and hot weather isn't my favorite. With that said, it is a drier heat, so I can put up with it more. 80 degrees or hotter in Atlanta is horrible because of the humidity. As oppressive as it is, I wonder why many people seem to like Georgia's summers. I tried to explain to someone else in Atlanta what Atlanta's summers can do to the body. Her response: "It's better than cold weather". I do better in cold weather than hot weather,

I remember summer in the Seattle area. Nice and sunny, and perfect weather for playing outside. It was delightful. My mother liked it. Myself and my family are living in the South now because we are kind of "stuck" down here. Money issues and the housing crisis kind of has my family anchored in the Atlanta area.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM

26,028 posts, read 21,112,941 times
On a side note, Seattle, is the closest city to Vancouver,BC. From what I have heard, many elderly Canadians retire in Vancouver because they like the climate there. Vancouver and Seattle have similar climates.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:31 PM

909 posts, read 1,142,007 times
Same here! 75 and below for highs is ideal for me too.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM

12,057 posts, read 9,914,208 times
I'm in the 75 and below camp myself!

Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM

236 posts, read 277,841 times
Seems like the verdict is in. More people on here prefer cooler to hot and humid. I am one who prefers hot a d humid summer and a warm winter rather than a winter of predominately rain in the 40's and a spring in the 50's and a summer thus far in the 60's. I can agree a summer nice summer day in the 80's here is one of the nicest. Weighing out 365 days the weather here and cloud cover is a negative. Fortunately weather is the only reasonable thing i look at as a detractor all other major factors are favorable.....I hope Pete Carroll can turn around the Hawks I want season tickets but I feel I will be disappointes.I will pay the premium to see them win. Quest field during playoffs is awesome no matter rain snow cold.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,468,984 times
Joining the 75 and below camp, as well!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,468,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrational exuberance View Post
Seems like the verdict is in. More people on here prefer cooler to hot and humid.
This is one of the reasons why we're here, after all.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 PM

12,057 posts, read 9,914,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
This is one of the reasons why we're here, after all.
and one reason others want to get there so badly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area