U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Yac

5,853 posts, read 6,198,641 times

Advertisements

Great pictures! Makes me want to move there

Old 02-10-2007, 10:35 AM

67 posts, read 302,760 times
Thank you for the pics, I'm so jazzed to be moving back home at the end of this year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 04:07 PM

797 posts, read 2,675,575 times
Default Great Pics!!!

Thanks for the highlights of the area, it makes me miss it even more.

I do feel like there is no other place like it anywhere and if weren't for all the rain it would not be so beautiful. Maybe if I dry out for a few years here in Texas we will come back permanently. Just to hold me over until then we plan to spend long visits back in WA for the summers. Just booked my Deception Pass camping trip and Kalaloch today!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:51 AM

9 posts, read 44,967 times
Seattle/western washington-our weather and lack of sunlight here for about 9mo of the year -it ris beautiful but many times you cant see it due to the clouds and fog It is a very real problem for many transplants

Old 02-26-2007, 03:19 PM

Location: SoCal native (Riverside), now in the Seattle area...
102 posts, read 513,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Great pictures! Makes me want to move there
Yes, great pictures... Makes me glad I DO live here

I like that when the sun actually does come out, you appreciate it a little more, rather than 350 days or so a year of sun in SoCal.. Forget that..

Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM

Location: SoCal native (Riverside), now in the Seattle area...
102 posts, read 513,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotherehello View Post
Seattle/western washington-our weather and lack of sunlight here for about 9mo of the year -it ris beautiful but many times you cant see it due to the clouds and fog It is a very real problem for many transplants

Been here for about 3 years, and so far, no problems for this transplant.. Way better than dealing with 100+ degrees for weeks on end in the Inland Empire of SoCal... And having actual change of seasons after 35+ years has been a freakin revelation.. Wouldn't trade it for anything..

Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 PM

3,226 posts, read 12,583,277 times
Change of WHAT seasons, though? Rain and not-so-rainy-but-cloudy?

I admit, I didn't mind the rain or weather for about, maybe the first 5 or 6 years. I defended it, and poo-poo'd it as "not being as bad as everyone says" and used the "people still go out and do their thing" line, many times.

However, the dissatisfaction with the weather - slowly - drove me mad I think! By the time we decided to leave, I was completely OVER it.

Of course, as your post proves... the grass is always greener on the other side. Who knows what I will think, 5+ years from now, mid-summer.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:03 PM

28 posts, read 210,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Change of WHAT seasons, though? Rain and not-so-rainy-but-cloudy?
Not accurate by any stretch. I realize it's probably tongue-in-cheek, but it's also exhausting. And the oft heard 9 months of darkness comment is strange too. It's like reading the Phoenix forums where people exaggerate the number of hot months. Humans are prone to exaggerate, I guess.

I think the spring, summer, autumn, AND moderate winter are all beautiful here, but I think nwraider is most likely talking about (at the least) the change in seasons from spring to summer to autumn and more specifically, the experience of the plants and vegetation through those seasons. There isn't much of a change, if any at all, where he came from - Inland Empire of SoCal.

I couldn't agree with you more, nwraider. I came from a similar environment. This place isn't for everyone, but it fits me like a glove.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:14 PM

3,226 posts, read 12,583,277 times
Quote:
Not accurate by any stretch. I realize it's probably tongue-in-cheek, but it's also exhausting. And the oft heard 9 months of darkness comment is strange too.
Actually, I think it's fairlt accurate. The chilly, drizzly, dark days absolutely outnumber the sunny & warm days. Fall? There is hardly a fall like I knew them, on the east coast. It goes from summer, to rainy drizzle. Winter? MORE rainy drizzle with lower temps. This winter was an exception with the more than average snow fall. I have lived there winters when you didn't get snow at all.

Was it tongue-in-cheek? Absolutely. A little humor goes a long way - especially when you haven't seen the sun in weeks.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:22 PM

28 posts, read 210,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Actually, I think it's fairlt accurate. The chilly, drizzly, dark days absolutely outnumber the sunny & warm days. Fall? There is hardly a fall like I knew them, on the east coast. It goes from summer, to rainy drizzle....
Was it tongue-in-cheek? Absolutely. A little humor goes a long way - especially when you haven't seen the sun in weeks.
No, not accurate. There are no such seasons as rain and not so much rain. Nor does it go from summer to rainy drizzle. These are inaccurate and unfair characterizations. PNW falls are beautiful, east coast falls are beautiful. Both are beautiful, but not the issue raised by nwraider.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 03-07-2007 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: personal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or