Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 10:50 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,670,834 times

Advertisements

While not in Seattle, I'm not too far away. And I've now been here three weeks, and yesterday was the first time I've seen rain since moving. And it was just a light rain that would come and go until early afternoon, and then it stopped completely and was just overcast. To be honest, I was glad to have a cooler, cloudy day. While the sunny summer weather here is beautiful, I still prefer cloudy and cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,911,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
While not in Seattle, I'm not too far away. And I've now been here three weeks, and yesterday was the first time I've seen rain since moving. And it was just a light rain that would come and go until early afternoon, and then it stopped completely and was just overcast. To be honest, I was glad to have a cooler, cloudy day. While the sunny summer weather here is beautiful, I still prefer cloudy and cool.
Ha! I could have written that myself! Loving the weather!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Ha! I could have written that myself! Loving the weather!
It's funny, my last memory of Tennessee was driving north on I65 in POURING rain. Probably more rain than Seattle has gotten in the last two months!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,055,588 times
The last day when it rained before yesterday was July 25. Almost 1 month without rain but this is normal for the summer months

Old 08-24-2011, 02:10 PM

42 posts, read 146,004 times
Here in Cincinnati it was too cold everyday during the winter so I couldn't go outside, it stormed almost everyday in the spring so I couldn't go outside and it's too freakin hot everyday during the summer so I still can't go outside!!! I've spent most of my 10 months here stuck in the apartment, it is driving me crazy. Seattle: 74 degrees. Cincinnati: 90 degrees and feels like 97. If I could afford it I'd take a vacation to Seattle right now!

Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM

579 posts, read 1,205,747 times
Quote:
Here in Cincinnati it was too cold everyday during the winter so I couldn't go outside, it stormed almost everyday in the spring so I couldn't go outside and it's too freakin hot everyday during the summer so I still can't go outside!!! I've spent most of my 10 months here stuck in the apartment, it is driving me crazy. Seattle: 74 degrees. Cincinnati: 90 degrees and feels like 97. If I could afford it I'd take a vacation to Seattle right now!
I have NEVER spent more time outside in my life, as I have since moving to Seattle. I am most comfortable in temperatures ranging from 50-75. I like overcast, gray and cloudy, along with sunny too, as long as it's not the beat down on you relentless sun, I'm extremely pale (Irish/German) and 10 minutes in the sun and my skin gets pink. 10 minutes in the heat and I overheat. What I've found funny since moving from Vegas, is that what I thought would be tolerable here in Seattle, is almost too hot for me. When we are anywhere between 78-82 degrees over the last week or two, I'm complaining it's too hot, LOL! Which is funny coming from someone who lived in one of the hottest areas of the country. But even so, it feels better outside than inside on those days (no AC) and so I've found I've never spent more time outdoors at parks, walking, the beach, you name it. I can easily tolerate running in 50 degrees with light rain. It's the excessive heat or desert cold (40 or so ) with strong winds that does me in. But like you, I would spend litterally May through October inside avoiding the temps and then I'd get maybe a couple weeks in the spring or fall to enjoy it before it got too cold.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,788,708 times
I'm in the Tri-Cities for work again. Been in the 90s every day. We had heat lightning tonight. It was awesome to watch! I love Eastern Washington more with each day I spend here!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Ugh, 90s is 20+ degrees too warm for me. Actually, this 80 degrees in Bellingham we've had the last couple of days is warmer than I'd prefer. But obviously it beats the 95+ and humidity of TN by a mile. My ideal climate would normally be in the 60s in the summer, with maybe a few days reaching the 70s.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM

16,581 posts, read 27,254,765 times
I agree with the last few posters and rally feel for some of you. I thought I had it bad but, just like happyhunting, I'm sensitive to heat as well. Where I am it's near 80 with a dew point of 63 so it's a bit sticky (not Ohio sticky but still). 80 degrees in Seattle feels much much better to me than 80 in San Diego in summer.

Nothing like a nice stroll in Myrtle Edwards Park with a light breeze blowing off the water. No place has summer as great as Seattle.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:45 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,110,317 times
YaY! I'll be in Oly next month. Can't wait to escape the living hell here in S. Central Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area