Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM

25 posts, read 80,938 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!!!

My wife and I are visiting Seattle in mid-May. We will be there for 5 days, one of which will be taken up by a visit to Mount Rainier. Accounting for travel, that leaves us 3 full days to do stuff.
Here are the questions I hope y'all can help me with:

1-We have purchased the Seattle City Pass. We want to try to do all of them (Space Needle, Aquarium, Argosy Tours and Museum of Flight we will do for sure). Are the EMP and Pacific Science Center Worth it? How long would it take on average to go to each?

2- Since most attractions (museum-wise)close by 5pm, what should we do in the evenings? We're not really clubbers or bar hoppers.

3-What are some Must-eat places?

4-Is there anything that we must do or shouldn't miss in a one-day visit to Mt. Rainier?

Thank you guys in advance for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 06:42 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,882,419 times
Others may have better information, but I would think a visit to Mt. Rainier in mid-May might be disappointing ... there will still be a lot of snow and you may not get very far into the park.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,316,869 times
I would recommend kerry park at sunset- some of the best views in seattle--maybe a mariners game if u like baseball or sounders if u like soccer or a visit to alki beach more excellent views of seattle
also check out this link
Seattle travel guide - Wikitravel

Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
May is typically mild temperatures and lots of steady, misty rain. One worthwhile trip is east on I90 across the bridge to Snoqualmie to see the falls, scenic drive there too. In the evening you might like downtown Bellevue. The Bellevue Square/Lincoln Square shopping and dining area
has more to do for those that are not into clubs and drinking. Some of the best dining in Seattle is smaller, out of the way places that are not so great at night. For the marine experience you might consider Chinook's restaurant at Fishermen's Terminal, and enjoy the views of the fishing fleet while dining.
I agree with May being an odd time to visit Mt. Rainier, still a lot of snow and
poor visibility. If it were April you could go to the Skagit Valley for the tulip festival. Check though, depending on weather they could still be in full bloom
and worth the drive. Sometimes they run late.

The Bellevue Collection

Skagit Tulip Festival

Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 AM

277 posts, read 441,951 times
Kerry Park is a must for the view of downtown. As for eating, there's a place in Pike Place Market called Michou that's fabulous. It's right next to the first Starbucks. They have excellent sandwiches and little sides. Red Mill has my favorite burgers (and best onion rings I've ever had in my life) - there's a few locations for them, but I go to the one in between Queen Anne and Magnolia.

If you like fish fry, the best (besides getting it fresh off the boat in Ireland) is at Pike Street Fish Fry in Capitol Hill. 5 Spot in Queen Anne has the best breakfast. Portage Bay Cafe has the best hash browns (and I hate hash browns. But I love them there).

There's a tiny bar right by me (and 5 Spot) in Upper Queen Anne called Sullys. They have amazing Mac & Cheese. I don't know what they do to it, but it's delicious. If you're up in UQA, you have to go to El Diablo for coffee to. It's a block from Sullys and 5 Spot. They don't do regular coffee, but they have this mexican chocolate they use that makes me go back day after day after day.

I second going to Bellevue at night. I work in Bellevue Square, and that whole block has quite a few things to do. There are bars, but not your usual crowd of college kids. It'd be worth hanging out for one night there anyways.

I can't say anything about Rainier since I've only been here for just over a month, but those are my top picks so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area