Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 02:30 PM

8 posts, read 121,465 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My wife and I have just moved to the Seattle area from San Diego. We are currently staying in corporate housing in Bellevue and are looking to find a house to rent in the Bellevue and surrounding areas (Kirkland, Redmond, Newcastle).

Can anyone recommend resources to help us with our search? We are looking on craigslist and Trulia but are not finding a lot of inventory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 02:58 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,882,117 times
Best bet is to drive around neighborhoods you're interested in, looking for rental signs.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:27 AM

84 posts, read 289,343 times
Default Re:

Try the link below and search for "All Housing" in the drop down menu.
seattle craigslist search

Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 AM

370 posts, read 1,068,170 times
Default Housing in Bellevue

Craigs list is a good option. Do be careful and do not send any money by mail/wire transfer. Meet up personally. There are instances of so called landlords demanding money prior to showing the property. Also beware of fake listings grabbed off the internet and posted for rent. Sorry to be an alarmist but these things have been prevalent recently.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,763 times
Here is a website I found. Hope you can find something that fits your needs. The website has a mix of apartments and houses for rent. Unfortunately there are more apartment rentals than house rentals but you may find something. Good luck!

Bellevue WA Home Rentals, Apartments for Rent, Homes or Houses for rent in Bellevue WA | RentalHouses.com

Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM

195 posts, read 377,615 times
The house I am currently renting may soon be available, in the next few weeks.

its in the crossroads area, and is 3 bedrooms. I think around 1350sq feet.
It's an older house so doesn't have modern upgrades, but does have a yard and a shed.

I am not the owner, but we may be moving. PM me if you want more details (I wont know for a week or so though)

Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 PM

56 posts, read 143,018 times
Something you might want to look into is contacting a realtor or real estate agent. They may have clients who are unable to sell in this current market, and are open to renting it out (often these properties may not be listed for rent yet).

It's not something I had ever considered doing, until my former next-door neighbor (who worked for Windermere) was surprised to hear that we were planning on moving into a different rental, and she mentioned that she had a client who had a Bellevue townhouse on the market for the better part of a year and they were thinking they might have to just rent it out, and that she had several clients in similar positions, and to contact her and she would help us find a rental in the school district we were looking for (we were wanting to move into a better district for my kids).

Just an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area