Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:57 PM

84 posts, read 245,646 times

Advertisements

My new work schedule and the Bremerton ferry are forcing me into downtown Seattle 1 hour before my shift starts.
I have an 8 minute walk to my office so I really don't need to factor in travel time to work.
I will be dropped off at Marion and 1st Ave at 10pm Thursday - Monday.

Seems like everything closes early around here and the streets are not so safe at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 05:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Starbucks would be perfect if it were open that late.

J & M at 1st and Washington is open, just stick to coffee and soft drinks since you are headed to work.

Isn't the ferry terminal building still open at that hour? Might be worth signing up for their wifi so you can just relax and go on the internet until time to head to work.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,858 times
On the other end of downtown, bur 5 Points is open 24 hours for food, and the bar is open till 2 AM.

Great funky atmosphere.
The 5-Point Café - About the 5-Point (http://www.the5pointcafe.com/About.php - broken link)

Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard9080 View Post
My new work schedule and the Bremerton ferry are forcing me into downtown Seattle 1 hour before my shift starts.
I have an 8 minute walk to my office so I really don't need to factor in travel time to work.
I will be dropped off at Marion and 1st Ave at 10pm Thursday - Monday.

Seems like everything closes early around here and the streets are not so safe at night.
Trinity Nightclub in Downtown Seattle seems like a great option!

TRINITY NIGHTCLUB

What the website link says for part of the website: "Trinity nightclub is an ornately adorned two level labyrinth, housing three rooms and a large VIP room. Each room has a unique theme and decor with two spacious dance floors, full lounge, state of the art sound and lighting, and internationally acclaimed DJ's."

There are also other great late night places in Downtown Seattle too.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Trinity Nightclub in Downtown Seattle seems like a great option!
TRINITY NIGHTCLUB
What the website link says for part of the website: "Trinity nightclub is an ornately adorned two level labyrinth, housing three rooms and a large VIP room. Each room has a unique theme and decor with two spacious dance floors, full lounge, state of the art sound and lighting, and internationally acclaimed DJ's."
There are also other great late night places in Downtown Seattle too.
Ths is where you suggest he hang out before his shift starts???

Old 02-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Ths is where you suggest he hang out before his shift starts???
It is a great, fun, and inspiring place to go just before going to work.

This is not like someone is in High School where they would easily feel like skipping school. When someone has a job/career that gives them their annual salary, they would never feel like skipping work and arriving late.

Also, the OP asked about the best nightlife places in Downtown Seattle.Trinity Nightclub is definitely one of those places.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times
Quote:

This is not like someone is in High School where they would easily feel like skipping school. When someone has a job/career that gives them their annual salary, they would never feel like skipping work and arriving late.

Also, the OP asked about the best nightlife places in Downtown Seattle.Trinity Nightclub is definitely one of those places.
OMG... He was asking about "killing time" before he goes to work. What normal person kills time (one hour!) at a nightclub then goes to work? I know you're a kid, but come on!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I guess I understood the OPs question differently. I interpreted "where can I spend an hour before ging to work?" as meaning a Starbucks / Denny's kind of place, not a nightclub. I'd be interested in hearing from the OP him/herself as to what, exactly, he/she is looking for...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
I guess I understood the OPs question differently. I interpreted "where can I spend an hour before ging to work?" as meaning a Starbucks / Denny's kind of place, not a nightclub. I'd be interested in hearing from the OP him/herself as to what, exactly, he/she is looking for...
I see what you mean.

The OP's thread subject question can be interpreted differently according to the person that reads it.

I am also curious to see what exact type of places he/she is looking for in Downtown Seattle.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Plenty of normal people would go to a nightclub right before a night time work shift and would see it as a great option for something to do right before going to work. ]
I'm trying to be open-minded about this, but I honestly have never known, met or even heard of someone spending time in a nightclub BEFORE going on an 8-hour or more shift ... and this would be the graveyard shift, no less!

Many years ago, when I was in my 20s, I worked an 11PM-8AM shift, and I guarantee you, the LAST place I would have wanted to be before I put in my 8 overnight hours was a nightclub! A quiet café, maybe, but a night club? No way!

Last edited by Count David; 02-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: fixed quoting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area