Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 01:12 AM

101 posts, read 201,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba_yaga View Post
I'm not naive. I'm also not a fan of vague negative comments. Do you have any facts to back up your negativity?
You mean other then knowing a half dozen people who have worked there and said the exact same thing?
i thought it was common knowledge in this area, that that is the case. why dont you tell us why you know otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 02:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Bezos is buying the Washington Post for $250M.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 AM

46 posts, read 171,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingintheusa View Post
I just called the HR, after 2 weeks, and I got this response 'we are wrapping up interviews and will get back to you next week'.

Totally bummed out!

Looks like I am on hold.
Even if u are not selected, it's not the end of the world.
Chill out for couple of months and re-apply.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 AM

7 posts, read 24,583 times
Quote:
I still haven't received an update. When I checked with the recruiter, all he said was that they needed more time. Could it be, that they are divided opinion?

My chances look slim.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but theres no 'divided opinion' at Amazon.. if theres a 'maybe' its automatically a 'no'.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 AM

22 posts, read 142,587 times
Thanks IwoaHawkeye and EastIndian! Thats what I thought too.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:32 AM

35 posts, read 197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianmoon View Post
Does anyone have any insight into the Business Intelligence Analyst salaries? Glassdoor makes it seem like $85-$95, but I can't tell if that factors in sign-on or RSU. There is a breakout for bonuses and stock options on Glassdoor, but I have a feeling that some people lump some of the pieces together.
As far as I know that's a disproportionately low salary range for an Amazon SDE. Everyone I know makes well above that before stock and bonuses.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 PM

Hi All,

Amazon gave me a verbal, that I am still negotiating, I am planning on taking it. My offer would be around 90K base, my husband's is the same . I know that's not much in the WA area.

What are some good apartment complexes to rent, with a commute of 30 mins, and good child care?

Our rent budget is max of $1500-$1800 per month. We want to save a bit for buying a home maybe a year later.

We have a 3 yr old, and my hubby will be working from home (that saves us some commute costs!).

Any inputs?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 PM

12 posts, read 52,299 times
livingintheusa,

I'm in the same position as you... just accepted my offer and have the same exact question to anyone who has suggestions. My budget is also in the $1500 to $1800 range and I'm trying to figure out where to live. So much to do to transition up there!

Quote:
Hi All,

Amazon gave me a verbal, that I am still negotiating, I am planning on taking it. My offer would be around 90K base, my husband's is the same . I know that's not much in the WA area.

What are some good apartment complexes to rent, with a commute of 30 mins, and good child care?

Our rent budget is max of $1500-$1800 per month. We want to save a bit for buying a home maybe a year later.

We have a 3 yr old, and my hubby will be working from home (that saves us some commute costs!).

Any inputs?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
So much to do to transition up there!
LinePlaneVolume, where are you moving from?

It has been 5 weeks since my interview and its still not over for us!! If and when I do get the offer (losing patience everyday!), we will be moving from NC.

To add to this, our current lease expires in 25 days!! And we have no plan B!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:12 PM

12 posts, read 52,299 times
livingintheusa,

I'm coming from Southern California (originally from East Coast). I got lucky with my interview and things moved relatively quickly, so I am thankful I didn't have to worry over it for too long. I hope it works out for you. Now, I'm most stressed about figuring out where to live and trying not to break the bank.

Quote:
LinePlaneVolume, where are you moving from?

It has been 5 weeks since my interview and its still not over for us!! If and when I do get the offer (losing patience everyday!), we will be moving from NC.

To add to this, our current lease expires in 25 days!! And we have no plan B!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area