Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 AM

97 posts, read 184,489 times

Advertisements

Trying to weigh out some of the other items that may play into our decision to move there.

We have four kids, ages 7 weeks to 5 years old. My wife will likely stay home and be very hands on (or perhaps work part time for some sanity), but I want to learn how difficult it is to find a full time nanny. In NYC, it's easy. How hard is it in Seattle and what's the going rate?

We would aim to live somewhere that would allow us to walk to/from school, stores, cultural activities, etc., so I would not furnish a car for her and she would not drive our cars, either. Looking for someone who can handle general childcare, pick ups/dropoffs, playground visits and some cooking for the kids and general.

Also, the weather. Are my kids going to be able to handle the grey for seven/eight months? I'm originally from Michigan, so I know cloudy weather, but want to get a sense of just how grey it is out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 11:27 PM

37 posts, read 83,415 times
Depends on experience, but good nanny will take no less then 18$ for 2 kids. Also as far as gray weather goes, there is plenty of indoor stuff, like Pacific Science center etc.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM

97 posts, read 184,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle2012 View Post
Depends on experience, but good nanny will take no less then 18$ for 2 kids. Also as far as gray weather goes, there is plenty of indoor stuff, like Pacific Science center etc.
Thanks. What is a ballpark weekly rate, and how hard is it to find someone? Once the right person comes aboard, I also offer vacation pay and several personal days, so it's more than just a babysitting gig.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM

19 posts, read 59,849 times
Check out Full Time Nanny, Part Time Nanny, Summer Nanny, Hiring Nanny, Nanny Employment, Nanny Jobs, Nanny Broker Service and https://www.care.com/.

We have found great childcare/nannies through these sites.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,826,241 times
I don't know if you're already in town, but you can go to any store (Safeway, Fred Meyers, QFC, et. c) and pick up a free magazine called The Parent Map which is such a useful tool to use to get involve locally. They do have ads where you see nanny agencies advertising... Here's the link to the directory itself: Child Care: Full-Time - Child Care - Business Directory - ParentMap

But otherwise, check out the Parent Map and see what activities they can get involved in, get parental advice/ideas, et. c. ParentMap - Seattle Activities for Kids, Parenting Articles and Resources for Families
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: