Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 15,839 times

Advertisements

I'm starting an entry level job soon at Boeing up in Everett. Excited to move to the Seattle area! I'd love to live as close to actual Seattle as possible but am aware of some potentially really long commutes. I was looking at the Green Lake area. Anyone have any idea on the travel time from Green Lake to a parked car up at the Everett plant? Any other recommendations for areas to live? I'm 23, single, and would like to meet as many people around my age as possible (Lynwood, Kirkland, Bothell, etc. don't sound fun).

Anyone know of Boeing Everett people living so far South? Most people I've talked to are content on living somewhere farther North.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 01:40 PM

413 posts, read 786,038 times
There are a few Boeing employees in Seattle. I have an acquaintance who is a Boeing employee, and he lives on Capital Hill. Generally, though it seems like most Boeing Everett employees live north of Seattle proper.

Driving time from Green Lake to the plant would depend a lot on when you commute. Google Maps says that it would be 30 minutes via I-5. That probably doesn't include traffic. With traffic, I would guesstimate that you're probably looking at 40 minutes.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:58 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,866,965 times
I live in South Seattle in the dreaded, dangerous Rainier Valley. I commute to Boeing Everett occasionally. Going north to Everett in the morning is usually speed limit all the way (25 to 30 minutes) - one of the most time consuming parts of your commute iwill be walking from the parking lot to your workplace. Returning in the evening is a different story. You can almost bet on traffic starting to backing up around Northgate and staying that way until downtown Seattle. I almost always get off the freeway around 85th and navigate the surface streets home. I may not save a lot of time doing that, but I save my sanity and offer myself options.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:21 AM

4 posts, read 15,839 times
Thanks for the comments. Wow speed limit all the way in the morning? That sounds great. I've also heard that parking can take about 15 minutes once you get there. Anyone have any experience with the 510 or 512 bus route up there? It looks like you can transfer to a bus that goes to the plant once in Everett. Reading a book or taking a nap on the way to work in the morning is pretty tempting.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:22 PM

507 posts, read 1,663,259 times
A friend of mine works at Boeing Everett and commutes from Belltown, car sharing with other Boeing employees. I am sure they'll have some sort of car sharing portal on the intranet. They also do the state sponsored van pooling. So, once you're there I am sure you'll find more efficient ways of commuting than driving on your own.

One of the advantages of car sharing at Boeing is that you get a parking space closer to the buildings which is, considering the vastness of the place, quite a good thing to have!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM

5,004 posts, read 12,312,053 times
I second using the Boeing intranet to search for vanpools or carpools. There's a very useful internal website that links to the king co. vanpool site. It's handy, but everyone who uses it must love waking up at 5am .... Anyway, don't sweat the commute, it took me 30 to 40 min to get to the u district.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 PM

4 posts, read 10,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBoeingGuy View Post
Thanks for the comments. Wow speed limit all the way in the morning? That sounds great. I've also heard that parking can take about 15 minutes once you get there. Anyone have any experience with the 510 or 512 bus route up there? It looks like you can transfer to a bus that goes to the plant once in Everett. Reading a book or taking a nap on the way to work in the morning is pretty tempting.
Congrats! I also recieved a offer to go to Boeing as well! I ideally want to live in the seattle area and take the 510 512 bus up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area