Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,631 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I would be doing an internship in microsoft this summer and my friend would be joining F5 networks in west avenue west seattle. We both like to rent a 2 BHK, but can not settle down on a location, which would be convenient for both of us.
We are not planning to buy car any time soon, and would be dependent on public transport. I would like to take the Microsoft connector.
Is their any place you would suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 PM

127 posts, read 401,316 times
My friend works for F5 and we live out on the Sammamish plateau. He has been taking the bus for many years, but recently they started a Rideshare for a bunch of F5 employees out here. With the 520 bridge being so empty these days, his commute time is much lower too.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 AM

1,651 posts, read 2,781,706 times
Would this be the F5 building on Elliot Ave W near interbay? I'm not aware of one in West Seattle. If so - lower Queen Anne might be a pretty good location for you both - lots of walkable amenities, decent transit service and a Connector stop near Queen Anne Ave N and Republican. Just google 'Lower Queen Anne' on Craig's List and you ought to find plenty of options which you can then check on a map against where you'll be working. Lower Queen Anne stretches from Denny to the south to appx Olympic on the north and from 15th on the west to Dexter on the east. I'd recommend trying to stay within a 5 block radius of your Connector stop (which is also near major bus stops). It'll also be reasonably close to F5 networks (the location I know of) - maybe close enough to walk.

Capitol Hill might also be a doable option. It has several Connector stops and great transit to much of the metro area. Your friend would have a bit more of a commute, but not bad (~20 minutes by bus), but yours would be a bit less (~25 min by Connector) than Lower QA. It's also super walkable and there are lots of places with live music, art, good coffee and good food. It's got a pretty large young population and a rather artistic, ecclectic vibe. Lower Queen Anne also has a rather young, professional vibe, but not quite an ecclectic as Cap Hill. Both neighorhoods are close to DT and provide decent nightlife without having to worry about transporation.

I recommend those two neighborhoods because they are among the most walkable and have lots of basic amenties like nearby grocery stores if you don't have cars, and there are many things to do right in those areas whereas the eastside (where MS is) is more spread out and not as transit-friendly. They are also attractive areas for younger people who don't have kids yet whereas the eastside is typically more family-oriented. Note - I'm speaking in generalities a bit, and there are definitely younger professionals on the eastside and families in Seattle. Certainly there are many options, but those are the things that came to mind when reading your post.

Best wishes and have a fun summer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area