U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2007, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 25,236 times

Advertisements

I recently located to Seattle and am having a hard time finding someone to deliver firewood for reasonable price. The 2 places I tried to call seem flaky as in phone is always busy and they don't really seem interested in any new business. I am looking to get 1 cord delivered and stacked to Seattle. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 PM

5,601 posts, read 12,584,176 times
I don't know if the link I'll give will work or not but if not, put "firewood" into the search feature over at craigslist and it will give you dozens of parties that are selling it.

seattle-tacoma craigslist > for sale / wanted: search for "firewood"

There are also commercial outfits that you can order from but they are usually more expensive.

Also check the classified section of local papers and the Little Nickel. I've seen some ads there too.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM

3,226 posts, read 9,903,071 times
QFC always sells it near the front entrance.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:14 AM

536 posts, read 2,152,344 times
Like above posts indicated, you shouldn't have any problem finding wood, but nobody is going to want to stack it for you. That takes too long unless you're going to pay them to do it - most would expect to just dump it at your location.

Also possibly say you'll pay cash and they'll be more responsive.

The only other thing I can think of is possibly location... Some areas of Seattle can be a trek.

good luck!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 20,989 times
thank you

Old 10-01-2008, 08:41 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,776,974 times
Get a forest service wood permit, a pick up rig and a decent chainsaw and go get it out of the woods.
Just joking, the newsparer classifieds should have a few wood vendors advertising. Many wood supliers run out toward the middle of winter, at least that's what seems to happen here. I bought a full cord of split lodgepole for $75.00 about a month ago then I moved so I gave it all to a neighbor. Look at the fence I built with permited wood. The tamarack shakes were from a firewood permit and the posts and poles are lodgepole and were from a post and pole permit. Now ya all know why I have a messed up back !

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - fence

Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM

1,305 posts, read 746,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Get a forest service wood permit, a pick up rig and a decent chainsaw and go get it out of the woods.
Just joking, the newsparer classifieds should have a few wood vendors advertising. Many wood supliers run out toward the middle of winter, at least that's what seems to happen here. I bought a full cord of split lodgepole for $75.00 about a month ago then I moved so I gave it all to a neighbor. Look at the fence I built with permited wood. The tamarack shakes were from a firewood permit and the posts and poles are lodgepole and were from a post and pole permit. Now ya all know why I have a messed up back !

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - fence
I really should clarify here - Rickers from Montana and his woodcutting stories are from back there as well.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 PM

271 posts, read 774,905 times
That is a nice looking fence Rickers.

I don't think any forests near here allow you to get a cutting permit, other than christmas trees.
If you go over the cascades you can get permits in other counties in WA.

I just bought some good wood, $700 for 3 chords, it is getting pretty spendy.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM

3,250 posts, read 2,475,867 times
Bumping this thread now that it's cold.

I'm looking for a place nearby the city where I can go pick up small quantities of seasoned wood. 1/3 to 1/2 cord - around 50 cubic ft worth.

Anyone have a good source that isn't insanely priced? The stuff I've been finding on craigslist isn't great quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area