Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,565 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Issaquah is a nice place to buy a house and raise a family? How are the schools and are there any parts of the town that's no so good to live in?

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2006, 10:23 PM

331 posts, read 2,102,207 times
Check out the Klahanie area.. great schools, parks and neighborhood!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 25,306 times
I lived in Issaquah the past 2 yr . It is the best place in my opinion in the Seattle area.
Crime is very low , schools are great and safe.
One negative is that house prices have gone thru the roof in this city and if you do not own one you are looking at 400 K and up.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:59 PM

614 posts, read 1,368,842 times
Unhappy The median home value in Issaquah is $737,800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgabe View Post
I lived in Issaquah the past 2 yr . It is the best place in my opinion in the Seattle area.
Crime is very low , schools are great and safe.
One negative is that house prices have gone thru the roof in this city and if you do not own one you are looking at 400 K and up.
That estimate is pretty low. According to Zillow.com, the median home value in Issaquah is $737,800 .

Issaquah Home Prices & Values

Old 08-25-2017, 11:46 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,181,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
That estimate is pretty low. According to Zillow.com, the median home value in Issaquah is $737,800 .

Issaquah Home Prices & Values
Strong 10yr bump

Old 08-26-2017, 02:56 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,107,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Strong 10yr bump
Lol.

Issaquah is a really great area. Ten years ago it was probably relatively affordable. Nowadays, it's not. Lots of two lane roads that tend to get fairly backed up. It still has held onto an ounce of the bucolic charm I am sure it had in spades in decades past.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:06 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,702,255 times
Roadside fruit stands.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:41 AM

6,031 posts, read 6,078,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Lol.

Issaquah is a really great area. Ten years ago it was probably relatively affordable. Nowadays, it's not. Lots of two lane roads that tend to get fairly backed up. It still has held onto an ounce of the bucolic charm I am sure it had in spades in decades past.
Don't kid yourself, some of those same two lanes also backed up by end of the 90s and early 'naughts . I used to hang around over there for various reasons , mostly because I was renting not terribly far away for about 1.5 yr.

I ended up not buying over there for just that reason . Back then, as you say it had more than an ounce of that "bucolic charm " , but I could see what was going on.

A lot of people like it there, I don't know that it's more or less expensive than Redmond up the road or Bellevue to the west. Certainly neither more nor less than Kirkland across couple freeways and to the north . It's all part of Eastside, a real estate gold mine. End of the day, after 20 years of observation, I would personally live north of I-90 Due to traffic patterns and the nature of things that I like to do in particular.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:58 AM

8,154 posts, read 8,196,452 times
Hi December, bet I know when you are moving here . Where are you currently and what are the needs of your family? Tell us also where you'll be working and what your housing budget is. Traffic is a real consideration here.

Yes, Issaquah is more affordable than Bellevue/Kirkland, has good schools and pleasant communities. Think twice before buying in communities up on the plateau (places like Klahanieh), traffic can be a real bottleneck getting out. Some of my favorite areas are just south of I-90 near downtown Issaquah (Front St). In/out traffic is better, you get access to the shops/cafes/theatre/culture of Front St.

Another thing that is great about Issaquah: if you are a skier, you are that much closer to the mountains. Another gem, Madras Dosa South Indian Food. I've traveled a couple times to S India and Sri Lanka, this restaurant is legit. Here is the link: MADRAS DOSA CORNER - South India Cuisine

As far as schools, don't rely just on the online test score results. Go visit, talk to the principal. If you are kind, they are generally very open to visiting with you and having someone show you around. That's how you really start to get the feeling of a place. The poster above who said $400k has outdated info about the market. Prices would be more in the $750-$950 range, depending on what size home you want. It's best to look online and you'll get a pretty good sense. Keep in mind that homes often sell for more than their listing price, sometimes considerably more.

Best Wishes,
Vince.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:00 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,609,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
A lot of people like it there, I don't know that it's more or less expensive than Redmond up the road or Bellevue to the west. Certainly neither more nor less than Kirkland across couple freeways and to the north . It's all part of Eastside, a real estate gold mine. End of the day, after 20 years of observation, I would personally live north of I-90 Due to traffic patterns

1/3 of Issaquah is north of 90, including Issaquah Highlands. Getting on and off the interstate is a breeze for us Highlanders.

But this is a good point to keep in mind when you are considering buying another home in the community (which we are).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area