Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 09:34 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times

Advertisements

Earl Emerson is (was) a lieutenant in the Seattle Fire Dept. He has written countless mystrey novels in his spare time. Because of his knowledge of the city and the workings of city government, all of his books are very relivant to Seattlites and wanna-be Seattlites. He is very accurate on names and places in Seattle. To top it all off, he writes the type of novels that once you pick up and read, you can't let go until the final page.
Sue Grafton, his contemporary, is also like that in her alphabet mystrey series. I just finished to 'U' is for Undertow'. I'm not sure wheather her California coastal towns are for real, like Earl Emmerson's Seattle. I'm not sure Santa Teresa is for real. My bet is Earl Emerson knows Sue Grafton quite well. So I'm thinking her Private Investigater, Kinsey Millhone, should make acquintances with Emererson's Private Investgater, Thomas Black. In that case her 'X' alphabet novel could be 'X' is for Sex. Anyway, just a thought. If you like mystrey novels, read both Sue Grafton and Earl Emerson. You won't be able to put either writer down until you finish the last page as I eagerly wait for 'V' is for V---?' while I'm reading 'Yellow Dog Party' by Earl Emerson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
The great thing about Earl Emerson is he really knows Seattle and it shows in his books. There are a lot of writers in Western Washington like Ann Rule, Steve Martini and Tom Robbins but they don't always write about Seattle or Washington itself like Earl Emerson does. You could see how the misty days would lend itself to writing.

Books | 10 top-selling Washington state authors | Seattle Times Newspaper
Washington Authors | Seattle Mystery Bookshop
Washington Reads - Selections from the State Librarian

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Earl Emerson is (was) a lieutenant in the Seattle Fire Dept. He has written countless mystrey novels in his spare time. Because of his knowledge of the city and the workings of city government, all of his books are very relivant to Seattlites and wanna-be Seattlites. He is very accurate on names and places in Seattle. To top it all off, he writes the type of novels that once you pick up and read, you can't let go until the final page.
Sue Grafton, his contemporary, is also like that in her alphabet mystrey series. I just finished to 'U' is for Undertow'. I'm not sure wheather her California coastal towns are for real, like Earl Emmerson's Seattle. I'm not sure Santa Teresa is for real. My bet is Earl Emerson knows Sue Grafton quite well. So I'm thinking her Private Investigater, Kinsey Millhone, should make acquintances with Emererson's Private Investgater, Thomas Black. In that case her 'X' alphabet novel could be 'X' is for Sex. Anyway, just a thought. If you like mystrey novels, read both Sue Grafton and Earl Emerson. You won't be able to put either writer down until you finish the last page as I eagerly wait for 'V' is for V---?' while I'm reading 'Yellow Dog Party' by Earl Emerson.
"Santa Teresa" stands in for Santa Barbara, and her latest is "V is for Vengeance".
Grafton's depiction of "Santa Teresa" is spot-on for Santa Barbara and its environs.
I wasn't as impressed with "V" as with her others, but they are all great reads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: