Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:19 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times

Advertisements

I just moved to the Seattle area in June. I went home to CA for the weekend of September 15th, and returned to cold rain (after leaving relative warm sun).

Is it pretty much going to be cold and rainy like this until next summer?

It's just sort of weird to me to look at a 10 day forecast and not see a single sunny day predicted, and temperatures that never hit 60.

I kind of like it, but just wondering if this is what it's going to be like consistently for a while.

V. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 02:25 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Nope WORSE!! HAHAHHA! Welcome to Western Washington!

Now it's going to be like this 24/7 til ohhhhhh June. AND then COLDERand then COLDER and then Wetter and then COLDER!

When we told you it was like this for 10 months of the year - every single day - day after day after day - think we were joking??

Wait til you are here year after year - then it gets really old.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Nope WORSE!! HAHAHHA! Welcome to Western Washington!

Now it's going to be like this 24/7 til ohhhhhh June. AND then COLDERand then COLDER and then Wetter and then COLDER!

When we told you it was like this for 10 months of the year - every single day - day after day after day - think we were joking??

Wait til you are here year after year - then it gets really old.
Quit exaggerating. Take a look outside, does it look anything like it did on Sunday?

Old 10-01-2007, 02:28 PM

To a californian - yes it does

and it's suppose to rain like it did Sunday, tomorrow

My friends (I'm from CA) from CA come to visit and every time comment on how wet and cold they are. They are usually shocked when they get here in June and it's still 60 degrees and wet.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Rain and 60 degrees is one thing. Just wait another month or so when it's rain and 40 degrees. Like I keep saying, that's what is miserable to me and gets old. Sure it's not violent weather but it wears on you when you've spent decades and decades of winters in it. I agree with all that CityGirl said.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
To a californian - yes it does

and it's suppose to rain like it did Sunday, tomorrow

My friends (I'm from CA) from CA come to visit and every time comment on how wet and cold they are. They are usually shocked when they get here in June and it's still 60 degrees and wet.
You can't say with a straight face that today's weather even compares to what we had yesterday....if that is the case, I can see why you seem so desperate to get out of here. If I lived in Sacramento and thought that it felt like 105 everyday (when in reality it was 85), then I would be crying on this message board everyday about it too.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:49 PM

well I say this all jokingly of course - just doesn't get through on typing you know?

Plus I came down really sick this weekend (always happens to me in Seattle when the rains hit)

But I took a day off work today and it was really nice - bought some nice warm sweaters - made a fire - feel much better

Old 10-01-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Rain and 60 degrees is one thing. Just wait another month or so when it's rain and 40 degrees. Like I keep saying, that's what is miserable to me and gets old. Sure it's not violent weather but it wears on you when you've spent decades and decades of winters in it. I agree with all that CityGirl said.
But thats the thing...it's not raining. There are some clouds but there is also plenty of blue sky. I'm looking at it from my 31st floor perch and I can't wait to get outside to get some fresh air. It's not even close to what we had yesterday, which was actually more rainfall than we usually see. If she seriously can't discriminate between today and what we endured yesterday, then I can finally put the pieces together and see why she is here every single day crying about her misery.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Well, in truth it's been running cooler and cloudier than normal. Often (actually usually) the weather remains fairly sunny (usually with a bit of morning haze) in early October. Then, as if someone threw a switch, the clouds and rain move in about mid-month or so and the nice weather is over around May or so (a bit of an exaggeration, but not too much of one). This year however, I think the relatively crappy weather is here already - and for good. I would not count on much (or any actually) nice weather (ie sunny and relatively warm (upper 60's or above)) until sometime next spring. It might struggle a bit above 60 maybe half a dozen times or so, but probably not by too much - not the way this year has been going anyway.

Ken

Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
well I say this all jokingly of course - just doesn't get through on typing you know?

Plus I came down really sick this weekend (always happens to me in Seattle when the rains hit)

But I took a day off work today and it was really nice - bought some nice warm sweaters - made a fire - feel much better
I think you are just not built for this environment. I think I would be miserable living in Sacramento, but I just do not like smoggy 105 degree weather for half the year. Some people just do not thrive outside of their natural habitat, and alot of those people are very vocal about it also. Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area