Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,064 times

Advertisements

Hello! First, I'd like to thank everyone for contributing to the forum for so long. There's a ton of great information, I've been reading for almost 2 weeks gaining good information.

I'm in the market for updated advice, I appreciate your patience and guidance!

I'll be accepting a job offer for work right off of Lake Union starting Sept 4. I'll need to secure a place to live pretty much before moving in. I'll be moving with the expectation to room rent for the first 4 months or so and my better half will move in January whereas we'll rent an apartment or something.

1)Any suggestions on either the commute to work for my initial 4 months? I'll have a car but am not opposed to walking or commuting via public transit to save $. I'd like to find a room for 600-700/mo. I'm using craigslist currently to look for places.

2) Suggestions on a place to live with my girl after the move? I expect our combined monthly budget to be 1000-1200, with or without utilities included.

We're moving from Virginia Beach, VA - any suggestions or pro tips for us East Coasters? We're both volleyball (beach and indoor) players with a good sense of adventure. I love golf, the pro sports scene, and almost all sports, she's athletic, in the non-profit/event coordinating/wedding industry. We're both very excited for starting this new chapter together in Seattle.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area