Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
You need to be sure they have gluten free soy sauce available.
Yes, your absolutely right! Most soy sauce has gluten unless it specifically reads "gluten free", it's not. My son doesn't use any soy sauce in restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:44 PM

17 posts, read 37,830 times
La Choy is the only gluten free soy sauce I know of. Trader Joes and PCC have great options! I get all our GF Udi's bread there. Even Fred Meyer has a decent GF menu. Three girls bakery in Pike Place has some yummy GF cookies. amazon.com has several great choices too! Dominos has gluten fee now. Zaw on Mercer island is GF take n bake pizza. California pizza kitchen has a GF menu, Palomino, red robin is great for kids!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 AM

202 posts, read 240,072 times
Awesome!! Thank you all so much! Looks like we'll have some great options!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,462 times
We moved here 4 months ago and were thrilled to find gluten free options everywhere. Our one child is celiacs and the other is vegan by choice. No Wheat and No Meat makes it tough many places but eating out is actually a pleasure here!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM

96 posts, read 281,686 times
Go to PCC Natural Markets. They color code their labels so you can easily find gluten free options for EVERYTHING there. I even found gluten free chocolat chip cookies in their bakery! It's a life saver.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM

17 posts, read 37,830 times
The WOW brand cookies are delicious too!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
I'm sure my brother-in-law knew that. But I suppose maybe most restaurants have only soy sauce with gluten.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM

21 posts, read 49,904 times
we're a gluten-free family too with one child who does a somewhat vegan diet (no dairy/egg) and here's what i've found since we've moved here:
- zeek's pizza does a vegan pizza (ie omit the cheese) and at least the Issaquah Highlands location has GF pizza crusts. I know the Kirkland one does not, so you may have to call to find out which Zeek's carry the GF crusts
- romio's in factoria has GF pasta and breadsticks
- iSushi in issaquah has GF soy sauce and sushi
- old spaghetti factory has GF pasta and their GF pasta is vegan too (their regular pasta is not)
- PCC has loads of GF/vegan desserts but unfortunately they're not nut-free (my kids all have nut allergies so we can't partake, unfortunately!!)
- garlic jim's as someone mentioned (although i've never tried)
- cactus in kirkland and SLU has a GF menu as does seastar (although that's not really a kid-friendly place)
- i've also heard that lombardi's does GF pasta but i've not tried it and i've heard jet city pizza in newcastle does GF pizza too but i've not tried that either

kaday, if you have any other recommendations, would you mind sharing so we can try them out? i'm always looking for new places to go eat with my brood.. thanks!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreebby View Post
Go to PCC Natural Markets. They color code their labels so you can easily find gluten free options for EVERYTHING there. I even found gluten free chocolat chip cookies in their bakery! It's a life saver.
I need to second this. They are so great when you a pressed for time and need to pick up a few quick things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area