Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 AM

3 posts, read 12,322 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are looking to buy a house by Polygon, it is almost completed, and they're adding a whole bunch of upgrades from hardwood floor, fridge, stainless steel, yard, and gas for a low price of $243k. However, I'm not very familiar with this builder, so I don't know much about their quality.

On the other hand, we're also looking into a houses by Highmark and their base price is relatively cheap $216k, again, I don't know much about this builder as well, and why they're so cheap compare to other builders in the same neighborhood.

If anyone had purchase with them or in the process, I would love to hear your opinions about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 05:43 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,827,805 times
All I know is that Polygon has a terrible reputation.

I haven't heard of Highmark before.

Good luck!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,649,254 times
I know someone who bought one. Build quality of the house is very good, and they come out and fix even small issues with nail-pops and cracks. Several houses had issues with sinking due to the granite countertops being too heavy for the kitchen floor, although these got fixed at no cost - but it shouldn;t have happened in the first place. The yard they put in is pretty poor, his house is on clay and the yard floods every year, drainage is awful. They also seem to skimp on general neighbourhood stuff, poorly done planting so it doesn't last in the long term. This was a proper housing development, I know Polygon also do more crammed in small apartment-style places which might be different.

In summary, the house is very good, everything else should be viewed very critically.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 AM

202 posts, read 404,437 times
We just purchased a home built by Polgyon. So far it's been very good and their service has also been good. We've noticed they skimped on things in a few areas (the dishwasher only has a bottom arm), but I think that's pretty typical of new construction!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 AM

176 posts, read 297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver Girl View Post
We just purchased a home built by Polgyon. So far it's been very good and their service has also been good. We've noticed they skimped on things in a few areas (the dishwasher only has a bottom arm), but I think that's pretty typical of new construction!
How's it been now? We're thinking of buying a home from Polygon but haven't found great reviews of the quality.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 AM

Still good so far. Whenever we've had a question or wanted something looked at, Polygon has been very quick and friendly! We really need to paint still as the walls get marked up at the slightest touch, but that's not the fault of the builder. Where are you thinking of buying?

Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 PM

176 posts, read 297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver Girl View Post
Still good so far. Whenever we've had a question or wanted something looked at, Polygon has been very quick and friendly! We really need to paint still as the walls get marked up at the slightest touch, but that's not the fault of the builder. Where are you thinking of buying?
We're looking around the Issaquah and North Bend areas. Are there any tips or suggestions you may have? Getting an inspector? Different home lender? A lot of the reviews we've seen speak to the little details being looked over.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Those are both very pretty areas, from the bit of exploration I've been able to do, which hasn't been much! We've only lived here in Washington for about 6 months and there's SO much to see! I believe they are fairly expensive areas (compared to where we chose, a bit to the south in Maple Valley), but maybe not quite as expensive as say, Bellevue?

I wasn't here for the inspection so I can't really speak to that ... my mom was and the few things she noticed during the inspection they were quick to fix. I wonder if you could have a third party inspector come along with you? I'm not 100% sure that we didn't, actually. We didn't use Polygon's preferred lender because we already had one through my work.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,466 times
Default HighMark Gets Low marks

I bought home from High mark and I don't know why they've given themselves a name like High Mark.
The houses are built as fast as they can and no effort put into quality. I would not recommend buying a home from them. Im going to try sell mine and hope I get what I paid for it.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,377 times
I know this is an old thread, but since people still read it, I thought I should warn anyone who is considering a HIGHMARK home. Do not buy from this builder! My neighbors and I are resorting to legal demand letters and potentially civil claims against the builder. Delays range from 6-9 months per new home, and the quality is horrific. The owner, Tom Tollen is a jerk and the company is only out for a buck. You WILL regret buying from them, as myself and all of my neighbors do in Poulsbo, WA. Someone has to stop Highmark Homes from doing business! On the Windermere site you can see the many lawsuits Highmark Homes LLC has already had filed against them. Run, don't walk, away from Highmark Homes.

See the complaints and reviews at highmarkcomplaints.com (Google Highmark Homes LLC Complaints)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area