U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-28-2011, 01:44 AM
 
17 posts, read 15,108 times
Reputation: 31

Advertisements

I pull no punches....that is why I do not fare well in Seattle...hehehe...people hate forthright people in Seattle...they disdain..the "aggressive NY'er" type ethos here.....trust me...I been here ten years....women do not care to date Italian men.....who they perceive as hot headed, egoistical, brash, cocky, unintelligent oafs.....hehe.......they get their ideas from TV...like the Sopranos..hehe....because they are sheltered.....and narrow minded......do not be fooled....this is not all...but a helluva lot of them!!!

Oh and the women....lol....lord dont get me started.....two words....uptight and entitled......

I am sorry....but many of us transplants came here with open and huge hearts...only to be shunned...for who we are...because in their minds...we do not measure up........and yes...they do this silently......remember Seattle has the highest amount of Bachelor degrees and up per capita in the USA....it prides itself on educational achievement.....hence the city that is all head and no heart...as many of us east coast transplants refer to it as......it is a nerdy/geeky/socially withdrawn/hyper-sensitive and wishy washy soul's paradise.....criticism not allowed!!!!

I do love people and America and life...but Seattle is that one city I could never feel fond of.....strange but true........they reap the harvest that they sow therein......thousands of people feel the way I do about Seattle-ites........just google it......we are not being mean...or callous....they incited us to rebellion with their apathy....aloofness,...outward coldness.....and etc.....they reaped they harvest they have sown.....they caused us to rise up and shout...and let it be known...so we did so....

 
Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Near Graham WA
1,142 posts, read 1,289,714 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthteller777 View Post
I pull no punches....that is why I do not fare well in Seattle...hehehe...people hate forthright people in Seattle...they disdain..the "aggressive NY'er" type ethos here.....trust me...I been here ten years....women do not care to date Italian men.....who they perceive as hot headed, egoistical, brash, cocky, unintelligent oafs.....hehe.......they get their ideas from TV...like the Sopranos..hehe....because they are sheltered.....and narrow minded......do not be fooled....this is not all...but a helluva lot of them!!!
Oh and the women....lol....lord dont get me started.....two words....uptight and entitled......
I am sorry....but many of us transplants came here with open and huge hearts...only to be shunned...for who we are...because in their minds...we do not measure up........and yes...they do this silently......remember Seattle has the highest amount of Bachelor degrees and up per capita in the USA....it prides itself on educational achievement.....hence the city that is all head and no heart...as many of us east coast transplants refer to it as......it is a nerdy/geeky/socially withdrawn/hyper-sensitive and wishy washy soul's paradise.....criticism not allowed!!!!
I do love people and America and life...but Seattle is that one city I could never feel fond of.....strange but true........they reap the harvest that they sow therein......thousands of people feel the way I do about Seattle-ites........just google it......we are not being mean...or callous....they incited us to rebellion with their apathy....aloofness,...outward coldness.....and etc.....they reaped they harvest they have sown.....they caused us to rise up and shout...and let it be known...so we did so....
I don't know .... what's more ..... annoying: the .... nonsense you .... spout .... or your use of ..... dash ..... dash ..... dash ....

If Seattle is ..... so .... awful, then please ..... don't let the ..... door .... hit you on ... the.... way.... OUT!!!
 
Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
587 posts, read 655,917 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthteller777 View Post
Perception...my ass...the Seattle Freeze is real....google Seattlesucks....or google Seattles schmeng....if ten people say you got a tail...then you got a tail....
True fact: if you google something and it's on teh interwebz, it has to be real. Thus I just found out that Bigfoot, Yetti, and Loch Ness monster do exist, Obama is a Kenyan-born lion king and Hitler, Elvis and Bin Laden are alive and well, drinking pina coladas somewhere in rural Argentina. I know all those are true since I googled them.

Quote:
It is just not easy to explain....the ones who love Seattle....either are women (because Seattle is a huge sausage fest....teeming with zillions of single men and very few entitled and ultra picky single women who get their cake and eat it to).....
Let's not get facts get in a way of a good rant. City-data has all the info available if you care to look:

Males: 307,884
(49.9%)Females: 309,450 (50.1%)



Quote:
........... you can't even get a lap dance in a strip joint.....it is illegal here!!!!
Yes, actually you can.

Quote:
Seattle simply is a fit for some...and not a fit for others.....
Right - just like any other place in the Universe. Some like it, some don't.

A big part of that is perception, which the previous poster eluded to and which you so quickly dismissed in the first words of your post. Consider this - are our opinions not simply translations of how we perceive things ?
 
Old 06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: NC
72 posts, read 37,137 times
Reputation: 93
Truthteller - It seems like you have a serious issue with the women of Seattle. I wonder if that is really the root of your hostility towards the city. Your rants seem to border on both laughable and bizarre. Being incited to rebellion over a city just seems a tad... extreme. As I said in my earlier post, everything isn't for everybody. So if you don't like Seattle that's perfectly fine, and I don't think anyone will hold you there at gunpoint to keep you from leaving. But what's the purpose of continuously ranting about it? You hate Seattle. You have voiced your reasons why. Some people love Seattle. Nothing either side says is going to change the other's point of view. Nor should it, as everyone has a right to their own views and perceptions. But you keep saying the same things over and over again, as if eventually the people who disagree with you will somehow decide you're right and see the error of their ways. That's about as likely to happen as you falling in love with Seattle and one of its uptight, entitled women. You don't like Seattle. You think it's filled with elitist, politically correct, geeky, pseudo-intellectual, fake liberal, socially inept, over-educated, advanced degree seeking nerds, uptight women, and wimpy introverts with no heart. Your opinion has been heard and acknowledged. Some people agree with you, and some disagree. What else do you want?
 
Old 06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
 
17 posts, read 15,108 times
Reputation: 31
Nada just was important to help those good people who may not know anything about Seattle...with some very realistic aspects of the social climate in Seattle. Seattle is a beautiful city....and great in all ways...save the social aspect...unless you are of a certain type of personality. I don't want folks to go through what many of us good souls have went through when having lived in Seattle...now they get to choose more carefully. I am done...
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
587 posts, read 655,917 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostJoyDivision View Post
I call troll on truthteller777.
He may be honest, but it does seem like there's an awful lot of instances of new users registering on the site, then coming here and ranting about how awful Seattle is soon after they register and leaving to never be heard from again.
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX!!!!
3,740 posts, read 5,392,979 times
Reputation: 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
He may be honest, but it does seem like there's an awful lot of instances of new users registering on the site, then coming here and ranting about how awful Seattle is soon after they register and leaving to never be heard from again.
Well, it's possible that someone does a google search for "Seattle Freeze," this site and thread come up and they feel compelled to post so they join City Data for the sole purpose of contributing to this thread.

While I think that Truthteller's posts are pointing out the especially negative aspects of the people there and maybe he is painting with an awfully broad brush, I believe he's sincere. And I think it IS a good thing to have stuff like this on the internet available. I am of a more gregarious nature and it was frustrating to live there and people always second guessing me and my motives. Some of us just are born more outgoing and like a wide variety of people to interact with on a regular basis, it doesn't make us flaky or salespeople. Seattle isn't a good place for people like us. Much better to know that and find a place with a culture that is more accepting.
 
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
587 posts, read 655,917 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Well, it's possible that someone does a google search for "Seattle Freeze," this site and thread come up and they feel compelled to post so they join City Data for the sole purpose of contributing to this thread.

While I think that Truthteller's posts are pointing out the especially negative aspects of the people there and maybe he is painting with an awfully broad brush, I believe he's sincere. And I think it IS a good thing to have stuff like this on the internet available. I am of a more gregarious nature and it was frustrating to live there and people always second guessing me and my motives. Some of us just are born more outgoing and like a wide variety of people to interact with on a regular basis, it doesn't make us flaky or salespeople. Seattle isn't a good place for people like us. Much better to know that and find a place with a culture that is more accepting.
Sure, it's possible that he's for real.

There's only a couple of things that make me question him. He says he's of a gregarious nature and he's only made one friend here in 15 years who happens to be a transplant.

Well, I've always been closer to the introvert side and over 5 1/2 years here, I've developed a nice circle of friends - mostly transplants, but not all.

Even if you assume that EVERY person who's originally from Seattle area is a passive/aggressive anti-social Delta Bravo (google it if you don't know what I mean ) - and they are not, at least not all of them - does that still not leave plenty of gregarious, extraverted and otherwise not socially impaired transplants to form bonds with ?

Mind you, I am not one of the people who refuses to acknowledge that the Freeze exists - at this point I simply plead 'no contest'. I realize that the experience won't be the same for everyone - in any place, for that matter - and if people say they experience the Freeze, I will take them at their word.

However, in the situation as far out of the field as described above, I have to believe that either the person is not being 100 % truthful or there are other factors at play here besides the city which we are not hearing about.

There also a couple of other non-factual/highly questionable statements about the city that were made by him, but I won't get into that here. Suffice to say, it raised an eyebrow.
 
Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 PM
 
17 posts, read 15,108 times
Reputation: 31
well WC I can sense that you a perfect fit for Seattle....I see my opinions have gotten under your skin a bit......I am candid, and I do not sugarcoat...as a very masculine, blue collar..very straight man....who has probably got more heart and soul than the whole entire intellectualized, post modern city of Seattle has........my type of cities are Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Buffalo, Houston, Tampa, Nashville and so forth....so yes....if coffee, new age, vegetarianism, political correctness, and reserved people's does not float my boat...so be it......I know the sort of people that love Seattle...and they are not my kind of people....maybe I have a rather deep ability to discern.....the human condition...and as Socrates said....to perceive is to suffer........for fun......and to really hear hundreds of other comments that line up with my insights on Seattle.......I would suggest everyone to Google......"SEATTLE SCHMENG" .....it is an older website now...and not very active these days.....but dive into the comments that hundreds of people have written, who...like me....have a true distaste for Seattle.....and they are a tad expressive....so do be prepared......but read through about 50 of them...as you go to page 2 and 3.....read.......I am far from alone...hehe

When I first moved to Seattle about ten years ago....some (one of the only true Italian pizzerias in Seattle) Italian pizza owner in Georgetown....south of downtown Seattle told me something I never forgot....firstly, he was from Cleveland...along with his sister...and parents...they ran this little pizza joint called Napoli's.......we got to talking some...and he said to be ...remember one thing .....be careful when dealing with Seattle-ites...don't joke too much with them....they are HYPER-SENSITIVE......I never forgot that.....hehe

I went to buy a car one day from a guy from Boston here in Seattle....we immediately bonded...and immediately all the stuff about living in Seattle that was such a turn off for us...people wise....just started pouring out.....and it was all the same stuff!! hehe.....this happens all the time with me when I run into either southern or north eastern transplants here in Seattle...it is so funny....as If we all know exactly the distasteful same social aspects of life in Seattle....and have all had the same experiences......so weird....

Two more words....Provincial....and smug.....hehe Now I am not saying that the rest of America is all squeaky clean either.....we sure do think rather highly of ourselves...you will find a little bit of Seattle everywhere in America...to be frank....

http://seattle.shmeng.com/ give her a look

Last edited by truthteller777; 06-28-2011 at 10:08 PM..
 
Old 06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
587 posts, read 655,917 times
Reputation: 443
LOL... ok, now I definitely think someone's trying to pull a fast one over on us - like a Stephen Colbert act by a native Seattleite, perhaps ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top