Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times

Advertisements

Napoli Pizza is great, but it's not in Georgetown. South Park, Yo!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM

17 posts, read 27,989 times
yea South park

Old 06-29-2011, 01:31 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
LOL... ok, now I definitely think someone's trying to pull a fast one over on us - like a Stephen Colbert act by a native Seattleite, perhaps ?
Most likely.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 AM

136 posts, read 328,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthteller777 View Post
I am candid, and I do not sugarcoat...as a very masculine, blue collar..very straight man....who has probably got more heart and soul than the whole entire intellectualized, post modern city of Seattle has........my type of cities are Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Buffalo, Houston, Tampa, Nashville and so forth
Okay... I'll bite...

What brought you to Seattle in the first place? Your (self-defined) personality type, and each of those cities are indeed, the antithesis of Seattle - even the Seattle of 10 years ago. I mean... I could be mistaken, but IMO, Seattle has positively NOTHING in common with the other cities mentioned - and I've been to all of them except Tampa.

Just curious...

Old 06-29-2011, 02:34 PM

funny how there are more people sticking up for Seattle on this thread and trying to sweep under the carpet...the notion that the Seattle Freeze does not exist. There is nothing more crushing to the provincial Seattle-ite...than telling them the truth. Herein lies the most thin skinned, overly serious, humorless, and most provincial cats I have ever encountered in America...second to Salt lake City ...and yes.....people are smug here....self-important advanced deg-reed sheltered white/asian snobs......clicky as heck..and as approachable as a wolverine... And folks....the people who stick up for Seattle are either alternative lifestyle types, feminists, techie types, north-westerners in general, vegan and holistic living types, anti-social types (I meet then everyday in Seattle), and yuppies.....

Seattle really does stink socially...and people are very passive aggressive.....and they are very provincial, smug and anti-social............check out www.seattle.shmeng.com If you are or fit into one of these subcultures...you will most likely love Seattle....and that is great.....and I wish you a great life. If not....if you area gregarious and more outgoing..and a people lover...and more blue collar...maybe not Seattle then.......

Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
The truth according you...who made you the purveyor of truth?

I fail to see anything wrong with "alternative lifestyle types, feminists, techie types, north-westerners in general, vegan and holistic living types, anti-social types (I meet then everyday in Seattle), and yuppies".

Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM

72 posts, read 77,888 times
This conversation reminds me of:

Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 PM

It would be just fine and dandy it they were not so all EXCLUSIVE....in others words.....clicky as heck...and extremely apathetic and outwardly cold toward anyone who is not into new age, or literature, or technology, or painting their bodies up with piercings and tats.....that is one of the terrible things socially speaking....when it comes to Seattle. They are NOT open toward someone who does NOT fit into one of their cute little pseudo-subcultures. I only ask that they be friendly toward all......and inviting. This goes far beyond the nice little civil and superficially polite gestures Seattle-ites are famous for. This is the problem with Seattle-ites in general. They are not outwardly warm and inviting, unless you do fit in among them.

I found southern baptist folks in Arkansas...and rednecks in Alabama and TN...50 times friendlier and more inviting and inclusive than I have ever found a smug, self-important liberal in Seattle to be.

But regardless.....even if it is every day Tom's and Mary's in Seattle....they are still aloof....still hard to get to know....still apathetic toward anyone new for that matter.....just not much passion here for new friendship making and so on. People who exclude others based on education, worldly status, body weight, religion, lifestyle, and etc.....are not for me. Here in Seattle for one....nearly all the men I know consider the women in Seattle highly stuck up. The women I know consider the men to be lacking in most areas....there is just a funny dis-harmony here it seems...at least to me...people wise....if you were not born and bred here. Find 30 transplants who live here in Seattle......from all parts of the USA.....conduct a survey with them in private...asking them to be totally honest about the social climate here in Seattle. You will be surprised the answers that you get...

It is not that people are terrible...or that Seattle is not a great city.....it is merely the social climate that seems to have a stigma attached to it....and which is why many people have left as well.....but I know that Seattle is great for certain types of people....and that is great...

Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 AM

136 posts, read 328,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthteller777 View Post
I found southern baptist folks in Arkansas...and rednecks in Alabama and TN...50 times friendlier and more inviting and inclusive
LOL... You've got to be kidding me. Now I know this is a waste of time. It's been entertaining.

Good luck!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:46 AM

shows how sheltered you really are.....hehe.....I was in the military and lived all over the USA....and it always tickles me pink.,..how really really sheltered Seattle-ites are....this is goody too shoo ville USA....land of the silver spoon fed white suburban folks....the entitled....the provincial liberal Seattle-ite....who has been nowhere...save CA and Seattle....my many times spent in the south...where light years more warmer, social, and more spiritually satisfying than the living in the land of the self-important vegan infested, smug PNW......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area