Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 17,267 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We are Relocating to Issaquah,WA from East Coast in Mar and looking for a nice apartment community in Issaquah close to Costco with Indian families.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Chandra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM

588 posts, read 1,011,267 times
Park hill apartments are home to many Indian Costco HQ contractors and is just a couple blocks from Costco.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM

Thank you swerver. Is there any more apartments in that area with Indian community, just to make sure I have multiple options for the apartment availability?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,057 posts, read 80,100,596 times
Not that I know of close to Costco, but about 5 miles away up the hill in Sammamish there are a few, with the Vedic Cultural Center nearby. Most though, seem to be buying here.

VedicCulturalCenter

Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM

10 posts, read 38,446 times
We live in te Issaquah Highlands at a complex called the Wynhavens. They have apartments and townhouses and is within 5 minutes from Costco and the freeways. Good luck on your search.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 PM

64 posts, read 215,432 times
I have heard good things about Boulder Creek, which is on the Issaquah/Sammamish border.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Thank you all for your responses. Does any one know about Langara apartments, any Indian community in that apartment?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,057 posts, read 80,100,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduhere View Post
Thank you all for your responses. Does any one know about Langara apartments, any Indian community in that apartment?
I don't know who lives there, but that is not a good location, traffic is awful there where two major roads cross, getting in and out is difficult.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 AM

603 posts, read 872,636 times
I live in Issaquah Highlands which is at most a 10 minute drive from Costco. You inquired about Langara apartments...I used to live there for about 6 months while waiting for my home to be built. Didn't see many Indians but then again this was about 5 years ago. Issaquah as a whole does not have as many Indians as nearby Sammamish does (10 minutes west of Issaquah Highlands). You'll see it in the schools. Skyline high school in Sammamish is filled with Indian students while Issaquah High School only has a handful. Both schools are excellent by the way. However, it depends on the age of your kids. Elementary schools in both communities have plenty of Indian students. You'll notice that in the Seattle-area overall, the Indian community is very young and people have small children. Microsoft and Amazon have really bulked up on hiring internationally the past 5 years which is the reason why. You are coming from the East Coast so the desi communities are likely more established and people have older kids. I am from the midwest originally and it was the same case.

If you are looking for a good community you can't go wrong with either of the choices above. Sammamish also has a hare krishna temple. I do not follow hare krishna much so I prefer temples in Bellevue and Bothell.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area