Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM

158 posts, read 450,474 times

Advertisements

This poor guy has been through so much. I found him abandoned at work about two months ago. We brought him home and it took him a good week and a half to start coming out and socializing. Probably due to our high energy dog and two year-old, and our territorial cat.

We would absolutely love to keep him, but he has issues with urinating in our closet (right next to the litter box, of all places), on our bath mats, and on our Christmas tree when it was up. We have gotten an extra litter box, clean them daily, switch out litter once per week and clean with odor cleaner (Nature's Miracle, which is amazing by the way!); but to no avail. We are not sure what to do.

So we turn to you, /r/Seattle. We want him to go to a good home, of course. Maybe where he is the only pet. He loves cuddling and is a total gentleman. When he isn't peeing on things.

Earl Grey - Imgur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,921,583 times
He is adorable! What a face!
Wish I could take him - but my Maya would not tolerate another cat...
Do let us know if/when he finds a home!
Surely someone out there will fall for him!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
He is adorable! What a face!
Wish I could take him - but my Maya would not tolerate another cat...
Do let us know if/when he finds a home!
Surely someone out there will fall for him!
It pains me to even post this. I don't want to see him go.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Default do Earl a favor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRabbit View Post
It pains me to even post this. I don't want to see him go.
take him to PAWS. Better than causing him to urinate in the closet because he is so frightened. Poor guy.
PAWS is a great organization.
Koale

Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
take him to PAWS. Better than causing him to urinate in the closet because he is so frightened. Poor guy.
PAWS is a great organization.
Koale
That's the no-kill we have picked out.

He does not act frightened anymore. Just when he wouldn't come out, when he was first here. Just yesterday, he and our other cat were in the bathroom with me; he was on my lap (yes, he loves laps, even when on the toilet haha!) and our other one was up on the counter next to me - both purring away and not minding each other.

But there does come times where they will hiss or swat at each other.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
URabbit, I must say I admire your truthfulness about the cat. He is a beautiful looking cat, and I hope you find him a loving home. I live in AZ with three dogs, not a good match.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
URabbit, I must say I admire your truthfulness about the cat. He is a beautiful looking cat, and I hope you find him a loving home. I live in AZ with three dogs, not a good match.
We don't want him going to anyone with the wrong expectations. He deserves a great home, and someone deserves a great cat.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 PM

Update - We have tried a few different things with Earl. He responded well to CatAttract litter. After a week of using it, he didn't have any behaviours. This evening, however, our other cat was in his space, above him, and I caught him peeing (scenting? was not very wet) right in front of his food dish.

I feel that he would do very well as the only cat. He doesn't have any issues with our dog (and she can be really difficult to tolerate).

If anyone wants him, please let me know. He is an absolute doll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: