Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,354 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I am relocating to Washington state as my husband got a job with Microsoft. He would be working out of Redmond office. We are looking for a 2BR and 2bath rental apartment with atleast 900 sq.ft area around Redmond. I need suggestion on which town to look out for. I have heard about Belleuve DT but I guess that would be expensive. I also heard about Woodinville, Bothell but not sure about community. We are young couple and would like to explore city/town during weekends.

Please suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Crossroads area of Bellevue, and 148th Ave, between the 520 freeway and about 140th are the most reasonable close to MS, at about $1,600 for 2 BR. Go to less expensive areas like Woodinville/Bothell and you will end up making up for the savings in gas and spend a lot of time commuting. See if you can get advanced information on their commute bus system,
"Microsoft Connector" and look for places that are near stops.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,028,196 times
Also explore the apartments that may be on the BRT Rapid Ride B-Line that runs from downtown Bellevue to downtown Redmond. Look at this map -click- ...this would include a lot of apartments on the NE 8th corridor in Bellevue, the Crossroads/Overlake areas as has been previously mentioned, the 148th AV NE corridor through Bellevue/Redmond, and downtown Redmond apartments.

Living on the B-Line will give you great transit opportunities not only to work (MS campus) but to downtown Bellevue and all shopping conveniences located in the downtown areas of both Bellevue and Redmond but also those amenities between those two cities (Midlakes, Crossroads, and Overlake).

B-line information page

Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 AM

52 posts, read 105,862 times
DT Redmond might be an option -- close to the B line. Here is the connector .. you can't login, but you can click on "Schedules" w/o a login and see where it goes. Note that MSFT pays for your ORCA card so you don't have to pay for the city bus (king county metro, sound transit, link light rail, etc).

https://www.connectorride.com/Schedules.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area