Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,059 times

Advertisements

To be fair, I think all religions are made up. I don't care what you wear or what your skin color is or where your grandmother lived or what you eat. I disagree with your arbitrary application of your religious beliefs to your attitudes towards women. Would it be "bigoted" for me to also disagree with you on the best flavor of ice cream?

Moral relativism only takes you so far until you have to wake up and realize that when some cultures TREAT people in their culture poorly, it's actually wrong. It doesn't matter if the people in that culture have been indoctrinated to think it's ok.

Bigotry is hating people because of who they are (e.g. because of their skin color or, say, the shapes of their 23 pair of chromosomes). Disagreeing with someone's ideas is NOT bigotry. You're free to live in this country, enjoy equal rights, express your ideas, vote, use the same water fountain as everyone else etc. If you are a citizen of this country, you have the same exact rights as anyone else*. If you don't understand the difference between your situation and the civil rights movement, you need to invest in an American history book.

*unless you're gay. But we're working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Once again, I do sadly come to the conclusion people in Seattle are bigoted against people from Eastern cultures. As long as we play along and obey your rules and culture we are tolerated, but if we dare try to practice our own culture and live according to our traditions, we are ostracized, insulted and humiliated. Of course, you insult my religion and say its all made up. Maybe , I can say a lot of the things you believe are fake. Yeah, insult my religion, I am sure my race is next. It reminds me of the time when the blacks in the Deep South during 60s were attacked and abused for trying to prove they were equal to whites. The USA has a long history of being slow to warm up to people who look, act and talk a bit different.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times
Also if u think seattle women are dominant and a threat u shud come to nyc/nj, these hot puerto rican mamis are quick to cut ya face for any typa nonsense

Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,741 times
Agree with MisfitBanana.. A discussion about civil rights and racism should only involve finding Single Women in Seattle.. The thread certainly has spun off course.. I apologize as I may have instigated part of this. I was comparing the way I am treated by people in Seattle (to a lesser degree, of course) to the way blacks were treated in the South during the civil rights era. However, this thread should not spin off on a tangent and be a discussion strictly about that issue.

Back on the subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Well, I've read a bunch of replies from people who would have trouble dating ANYWHERE in America saying how bad Seattle is. Personally, as crazy as it may sound, I moved here a couple years ago at around age 29 and never really dated until I got here.

Why?...I lived in the NYC/New Jersey area. Woman over there, while approachable, were either like this:

Either way, New York/NJ women tend to be brainless, materialistic and all around not worth my time.

Anyway, I've met all kinds of women in Seattle. With so many gay men and men who are just not social, if you are the least bit outgoing you should have no problem. That, and I've actually met biracial/multiracial women out here, which is fantastic. On the East Coast, it felt as though I was the only mixed person alive on the planet (very segregated in the NYC area, unlike Seattle where I think everyone has somebody of a different race married into their family somewhere)
VictorianPunk, I found your post both humorous and inspiring. I, too, have a lot of relatives from the East Coast and Southern California and can identify with with what you are talking about. Seattle women seem cold and unfriendly, but I have to be honest, due to how reserved they are, I really don't know much about them. I was thinking their behavior has to do with hatred of men, but maybe I am wrong in my perception? However, do you really think women in Seattle would like a man of a Middle Eastern background who has a different culture? Despite the fact I have my cultural preferences, I am open to dating or being friends with a woman of a different culture if she can accept my culture. That was a point all the bigots who attacked me in the thread failed to understand. They just jumped to their conclusions about me before even understanding my thoughts. This type of behavior also worries me about Seattle. For being the land of open-mindedness, I just have felt that people seem to be very close-minded. However, due to how introverted people are, I also find it is very hard to understand them. I appreciate your input. BTW, Gay bars are out for me as a place to meet women. I have enough trouble being solicited by gay men in straight bars, much less gay bars.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Also if u think seattle women are dominant and a threat u shud come to nyc/nj, these hot puerto rican mamis are quick to cut ya face for any typa nonsense
Also, I do agree with OleSchoolFool about Puerto Rican women. They are very dominating, hot-tempered and aggressive just like New York/New Jersey Italian and Jewish women, but even more extreme. You couldn't give me the entire city of San Juan to marry a Puerto Rican woman. They are attractive, but about the opposite of what I am looking for. My Jewish grandmother use to slap my uncle and mother in the face when they said something she didn't agree with. A very tough woman from the Depression era.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM

324 posts, read 877,254 times
I don't think I have seen any responses from non-marriage minded guys who are successfully dating.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I don't think I have seen any responses from non-marriage minded guys who are successfully dating.
Many of the people posting in this thread - male and female - I believe are married. I even met my husband in Seattle (shocker!).

Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
I've met my husband in Seattle too. And he would be first to say that the dating scene isn't bad at all. Lots of ladies around. But of course, my husband would have it easier because he's a gregarious outgoing dude.

I believe there was one poster way back in the pages, obviously his response is now buried amidst everything else, making a comment that he found it easier to date than to make friends.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM

115 posts, read 205,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I believe there was one poster way back in the pages, obviously his response is now buried amidst everything else, making a comment that he found it easier to date than to make friends.
From what I have been told by fellow Southerners (male), it's like ducks on the pond in Seattle. The men's lack of assertiveness is more the issue than the women's lack of receptiveness. These more "independent" "feminist" types, actually end up being a little more fun, and a lot less maintenance than your typical Southern Belle, if you just put your big boy underoos on and make it happen. Staring across a bar, or hiding behind the internet will not get you laid. Be confident, be funny, and don't be a douche. Works in Miami, Atlanta, Tampa, New Orleans, Austin, Boston, NY, and I'm sure it works in Seattle. Being wealthy, and being super good looking helps, but I have a buddy there now who is scoring women well above his pay grade, so It's not a dealbreaker all the time if your not. Oh, and stop looking for a woman to marry you. Makes her see you as needy, or desperate. Look for women to have fun with, and the commitment crap will come with time, and when it does you may decide you don't want it. Don't try to find a relationship because you want in-house vajayjay, it never turns out well.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:50 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicomis View Post
From what I have been told by fellow Southerners (male), it's like ducks on the pond in Seattle. The men's lack of assertiveness is more the issue than the women's lack of receptiveness. These more "independent" "feminist" types, actually end up being a little more fun, and a lot less maintenance than your typical Southern Belle, if you just put your big boy underoos on and make it happen. Staring across a bar, or hiding behind the internet will not get you laid. Be confident, be funny, and don't be a douche. Works in Miami, Atlanta, Tampa, New Orleans, Austin, Boston, NY, and I'm sure it works in Seattle. Being wealthy, and being super good looking helps, but I have a buddy there now who is scoring women well above his pay grade, so It's not a dealbreaker all the time if your not. Oh, and stop looking for a woman to marry you. Makes her see you as needy, or desperate. Look for women to have fun with, and the commitment crap will come with time, and when it does you may decide you don't want it. Don't try to find a relationship because you want in-house vajayjay, it never turns out well.
In house vajayjay is definitely overrated. Unless you're really serious about her.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
In house vajayjay is definitely overrated. Unless you're really serious about her.
Lame.

In-house penusnus is a dream of mine.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicomis View Post
Best advice! Really pretty simple. And if you do the above, you'll have NO COMPETITION in Seattle! Because the chances are very high that you'll be the only outgoing, upbeat, fun person any women you come across have encountered in years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area