Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:10 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,812,678 times

Advertisements

I personally think a foreign bride is the way to go, if you are a foreigner yourself or feel disconnected with American culture.. Women in the USA, especially in places like Seattle are very insular and usually couldn't accept a person who is of a different culture, mindset and way of life than themselves. For being the society that claims "DIVERSITY", I find it much more along the lines of "CONFORMITY".

And, for anyone who thinks Eastern European women are notorious gold diggers, they fail to study the statistics of how many American women have sucked the bank accounts, children and life out of their ex-husbands. For example, in a liberal part of the country like Western Washington, the courts will always favor women in 9 out of 10 cases. I had a handsome, wealthy Jewish friend who lost his multi-million dollar home and had to fight to see his kids just twice a month. The woman went to the police and filed fake abuse charges in King County and they automatically believed her , even though there was a lot of proof that she fabricated her claim and there wasn't a significant amount of medical evidence. The lady's own mother (his mother-in-law) called her a bloodsucker and won't talk to her anymore because of what she did to my friend. My friend married a very beautiful, blonde super-model looking woman who knew her beauty could more or less get her what she wanted. When the marriage turned sour and he wanted to get a divorce she ran to the police and courts to make her abuse claims and sued him and won.

What I am trying to say is, if you marry a beautiful and desirable woman anywhere there are many risks. Beauty is an asset in a society that worships beauty. Somebody who is highly desired knows that they have leverage and many humans are corruptible and will take advantage of the power they are given. To find a person with such power, yet who is honorable is a very hard feat to achieve.

Also, there are many American women are flesh or gold-diggers. A good number of American women will marry a man simply because he fits her profile of her trash romance novels or he his bank account is adequate for her needs. But, since she is an American woman, of course, the relationship only could have been for love. American women couldn't be superficial and manipulative, right? That is only done by those corrupt Eastern European types..

BTW, many of my relatives are Russian speakers and my grandmother's first language was Russian after Yiddish. I am an Eastern European Jew by birth and have knowledge of the culture and way of life. Personally, I believe any person who is dumb enough to pick up a woman on a mail order bride site will get what he deserves. However, if you go to an upscale bar in the USA frequented by pretty American women looking for a sugar daddy in this country, you will more or less end up with the same results.

I will say though on average, that Eastern European women are more attractive, because they take better care of themselves, whereas probably at least 30-40% of American women are overweight. Also, American women are extremely demanding in finding a male mate, yet , themselves, expect people to overlook all types of flaws they have. I am amazed how many attractive men I see with very unattractive, overweight women here. Eastern European women look a bit more at a man's character, education, personality and respect his independence, whereas American women look more at superficial traits, such as assets,height, weight and are overly concerned at how the man will serve and please her, as she has been trained to believe that if a man is not submissive to her, he is unloving, selfish and misogynistic.

I, myself, would probably not marry a Russian woman though, because I shun Russian culture.. I am a Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian Jewish mix, but I am more attracted to the Middle Eastern culture of my origin. There are many good things about Russian culture, but it is not for me. Russian/Ukrainian women are very Western and being from the Eastern mindset, I still probably would feel incompatible to them. Being a Jew, also makes it difficult, due to rampant anti-Semitism thriving in that part of the world.. It was so bad, it drove most of my relatives out of there. My grandmother helped many of my relatives flee Russia/Belarus in the 70s/80s to the USA.

However, if I was a lonely gentile American man, looking for a more old-Fashioned type of Western woman I would think Russians and Ukrainians would be a good bet. If you are a Christian, you could find a very good wife in that part of the world, as with the resurgence of their religion, there are people who are very serious about their faith, both in their Orthodox and Pentecostal/Protestant churches. That would be #1 bet of finding a loyal, more-traditional Eastern European wife.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:23 PM

102,140 posts, read 107,423,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Certainly gives lonely men in Seattle another avenue for love.
All Seattle men have to do is TALK to Seattle women! It's that simple. That's what's missing from their strategy. (They don't have a strategy. They don't even try.)

Old 06-08-2013, 03:29 PM

115 posts, read 205,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
LOL

I guess I should disclose that I have a ton of female friends from Russia and Eastern Europe and I used to assist at an immigration law firm that helped speed the process of their US citizenship when they are marrying American men. The men were almost always over 60 years old, unattractive, socially retarded, and typically hateful of American women because they can't get one. And you're right, the women are beautiful, intelligent, and usually half the age of these guys. So what makes you think they would really want a socially inept man who's old enough to be their father? If you can't put two and two together, you're likely to be another one of those suckers who gets their bank account drained by these women in the divorce. I saw this happen everyday. It's not news to me. Eastern European women are typically poor, and these American men like to take advantage of that by promising wealth and opportunities in the US. People are very likely to assume that an Eastern European wife was a mail order bride or prostitute, even if it's not true. I'm not saying that's the way it should be, I'm saying that's the way it is unfortunately. One of my best friends has more of a rare situation in that she is a Ukrainian immigrant who studied here and married an American guy, but people frequently ask her if she was "bought" off some website. I can't imagine having to live with that perception thrown at me all the time.

But whatever floats your boat. If you want it, I can provide the numbers to some of these agencies that set up such meetings.
Personally, were I to find an Eastern European woman, it would be one I met in person, either there or here. Too many scams online, and I don't like the odds given to men in any type of online dating situation. I'm 39, and I have an 8 year old daughter with me full time, so I probably would stay within the 35 to 43 age bracket give or take a year, and I am sure there are plenty of guys like me who aren't "creepers" trying to hook up with 20 year olds. That being said, I haven't had any trouble meeting women anywhere I have lived. We shall see if this continues in Seattle in just a few weeks. I can't imagine it being all that bad there, and I'll wager there are quite a few guys who might need to just man up and go for it. This is a bi product of political correctness and feminism that has kind of come back and bit women in the ass. Many men are scared to be men.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,799,600 times
Man, there are some really sad and depressing guys living in Seattle it sounds like. Will make me stand out even more from the crowd if I managed to move their soon. Ladies, get ready for some Montanan gentlemen romance!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:01 PM

102,140 posts, read 107,423,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicomis View Post
Personally, were I to find an Eastern European woman, it would be one I met in person, either there or here.
Just a cautionary note: I know a really nice guy who married a woman he met over there. She played him like a violin to get the visa. As soon as the 1-year limit was passed (to prove a legit marriage for Immigration), she announced to him that it had been a fake marriage, and divorced him. He was crushed. There are no guarantees.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM

115 posts, read 205,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just a cautionary note: I know a really nice guy who married a woman he met over there. She played him like a violin to get the visa. As soon as the 1-year limit was passed (to prove a legit marriage for Immigration), she announced to him that it had been a fake marriage, and divorced him. He was crushed. There are no guarantees.
I hear ya, but I know a man, who married a girl from Virginia, who took of an left him and their 3 year old daughter, after the housing market crash in 2008, when the mans income dropped substantially. Not only that, but she ran up $10k in credit card debt, stole $40k in savings and spent it on herself, and left the man and their daughter with nothing, never paying a nickel in child support, and hopping from rich old guy to rich old guy. I know this man very well, because he is me.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:41 PM

I got scammed by a Philipino woman last year around this time on a Philipinia dating website. Gal wanted to see me after just a few weeks and fly to America to meet me. I spend over $700 becuase she was a REALLY good scammer and totally had my hooked, lined and sinked the entire time up until I went to the airport and I never saw her get off airplane and she cut all communication means with me.

Learned a hard, expensive lesson that day.....

Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM

658 posts, read 1,551,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I personally think a foreign bride is the way to go, if you are a foreigner yourself or feel disconnected with American culture.. Women in the USA, especially in places like Seattle are very insular and usually couldn't accept a person who is of a different culture, mindset and way of life than themselves. For being the society that claims "DIVERSITY", I find it much more along the lines of "CONFORMITY".

And, for anyone who thinks Eastern European women are notorious gold diggers, they fail to study the statistics of how many American women have sucked the bank accounts, children and life out of their ex-husbands. For example, in a liberal part of the country like Western Washington, the courts will always favor women in 9 out of 10 cases. I had a handsome, wealthy Jewish friend who lost his multi-million dollar home and had to fight to see his kids just twice a month. The woman went to the police and filed fake abuse charges in King County and they automatically believed her , even though there was a lot of proof that she fabricated her claim and there wasn't a significant amount of medical evidence. The lady's own mother (his mother-in-law) called her a bloodsucker and won't talk to her anymore because of what she did to my friend. My friend married a very beautiful, blonde super-model looking woman who knew her beauty could more or less get her what she wanted. When the marriage turned sour and he wanted to get a divorce she ran to the police and courts to make her abuse claims and sued him and won.

What I am trying to say is, if you marry a beautiful and desirable woman anywhere there are many risks. Beauty is an asset in a society that worships beauty. Somebody who is highly desired knows that they have leverage and many humans are corruptible and will take advantage of the power they are given. To find a person with such power, yet who is honorable is a very hard feat to achieve.

Also, there are many American women are flesh or gold-diggers. A good number of American women will marry a man simply because he fits her profile of her trash romance novels or he his bank account is adequate for her needs. But, since she is an American woman, of course, the relationship only could have been for love. American women couldn't be superficial and manipulative, right? That is only done by those corrupt Eastern European types..

BTW, many of my relatives are Russian speakers and my grandmother's first language was Russian after Yiddish. I am an Eastern European Jew by birth and have knowledge of the culture and way of life. Personally, I believe any person who is dumb enough to pick up a woman on a mail order bride site will get what he deserves. However, if you go to an upscale bar in the USA frequented by pretty American women looking for a sugar daddy in this country, you will more or less end up with the same results.

I will say though on average, that Eastern European women are more attractive, because they take better care of themselves, whereas probably at least 30-40% of American women are overweight. Also, American women are extremely demanding in finding a male mate, yet , themselves, expect people to overlook all types of flaws they have. I am amazed how many attractive men I see with very unattractive, overweight women here. Eastern European women look a bit more at a man's character, education, personality and respect his independence, whereas American women look more at superficial traits, such as assets,height, weight and are overly concerned at how the man will serve and please her, as she has been trained to believe that if a man is not submissive to her, he is unloving, selfish and misogynistic.

I, myself, would probably not marry a Russian woman though, because I shun Russian culture.. I am a Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian Jewish mix, but I am more attracted to the Middle Eastern culture of my origin. There are many good things about Russian culture, but it is not for me. Russian/Ukrainian women are very Western and being from the Eastern mindset, I still probably would feel incompatible to them. Being a Jew, also makes it difficult, due to rampant anti-Semitism thriving in that part of the world.. It was so bad, it drove most of my relatives out of there. My grandmother helped many of my relatives flee Russia/Belarus in the 70s/80s to the USA.

However, if I was a lonely gentile American man, looking for a more old-Fashioned type of Western woman I would think Russians and Ukrainians would be a good bet. If you are a Christian, you could find a very good wife in that part of the world, as with the resurgence of their religion, there are people who are very serious about their faith, both in their Orthodox and Pentecostal/Protestant churches. That would be #1 bet of finding a loyal, more-traditional Eastern European wife.
You do realize that in the 70's 80's Russian was the communist USSR, and it was a completely entirely different country and culture back then (which was 30/40 years ago)??? The fact your grandmother helped your family flee Russia 40 years ago means absolutely nothing!! So stop bashing Russian culture with your highly uneducated, unfounded, and racist point of view. I love Russia.

Most of your post has a grain of truth but is completely and entirely unfounded.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:05 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicomis View Post
I hear ya, but I know a man, who married a girl from Virginia, who took of an left him and their 3 year old daughter, after the housing market crash in 2008, when the mans income dropped substantially. Not only that, but she ran up $10k in credit card debt, stole $40k in savings and spent it on herself, and left the man and their daughter with nothing, never paying a nickel in child support, and hopping from rich old guy to rich old guy. I know this man very well, because he is me.
I didn't realize the entire situation of your life Nicomis, but man does my heart go out to you. I've heard stories like you from other men who have been emotionally, spiritually and financially devastated by their unscrupulous ex-wives from so many men. Actually, if you study statistics, they have proven that there is a lower rate of divorce from American men married to foreign brides or women who are immigrants (before or after marriage) then to women who are American citizens from birth. I think the statistics somewhere are like 50% divorce rate of American men to American women, whereas the divorce rate is like 10-20% for American men married to foreign women. So, even though people like to scare you with horror stories of betrayal and trickery of the evil "mail-order" bride, statistics actually prove otherwise.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I didn't realize the entire situation of your life Nicomis, but man does my heart go out to you. I've heard stories like you from other men who have been emotionally, spiritually and financially devastated by their unscrupulous ex-wives from so many men. Actually, if you study statistics, they have proven that there is a lower rate of divorce from American men married to foreign brides or women who are immigrants (before or after marriage) then to women who are American citizens from birth. I think the statistics somewhere are like 50% divorce rate of American men to American women, whereas the divorce rate is like 10-20% for American men married to foreign women. So, even though people like to scare you with horror stories of betrayal and trickery of the evil "mail-order" bride, statistics actually prove otherwise.

Well after my awful experience with trying to date and meet a Filipinio woman last year that I explained earlier, I won't be trying that again. I'll stick with finding local American women. I could never comes to grips with my shame and guilt with "ordering" someone from across the world, no matter how lonely I became.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area