U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 AM

1,961 posts, read 1,406,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

We have a statue of Lenin in Fremont for crying out loud!
And that is massive stain on the city. I hope somebody blows up that offensive murder monument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,008,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

We have a statue of Lenin in Fremont for crying out loud! Why would you think conservatism would be welcome here?
How many times does it need to be said that's not a statue of Lenin before it sinks in to some? Or is this simply a matter of trying the "repeat a lie enough times and it becomes a turth" doctrine?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 AM

3,557 posts, read 6,711,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
How many times does it need to be said that's not a statue of Lenin before it sinks in to some? Or is this simply a matter of trying the "repeat a lie enough times and it becomes a turth" doctrine?
It isn't a statue of Lenin?

That would be a surprise to the sculptor who made it and to the Czechoslovakian and Soviet governments who commissioned it.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,008,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
It isn't a statue of Lenin?

That would be a surprise to the sculptor who made it and to the Czechoslovakian and Soviet governments who commissioned it.
If I recall correctly (it's been a while since I've been to Fremont), it says RIGHT ON THE DAMN PLAQUE that it's just a sculpture of a random seamen.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM

134 posts, read 88,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Folks, Seattle is NOT liberal. It is fascist/progressive. Stop slandering liberals please. You conservatives need to stop calling fascists 'liberal.' They are not liberal at all. Soda bans, smoking bans, speech codes, etc. are not liberal 'live and let live' ideals.
They are liberal fascists. The term liberal must be included as the genesis of their very ideology is based in far left liberalism.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM

1,070 posts, read 1,463,778 times
Quote:
If I recall correctly (it's been a while since I've been to Fremont), it says RIGHT ON THE DAMN PLAQUE that it's just a sculpture of a random seamen.
Right.....I am not sure why a small mass murderer like Hitler is condemned in history, while the mega mass murderers like Lenin, Stalin, and Mao are given a pass.

There is nothing funny about Lenin. Fremont should be ashamed. At least they need to cover the statue with red paint for all the blood of all the people killed by his hand.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM

1,961 posts, read 1,406,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
They are liberal fascists. The term liberal must be included as the genesis of their very ideology is based in far left liberalism.
Not at all. Fascist/progressive and liberal are opposites. Fascist/progressives have called themselves liberal because the word 'fascist' is negative due to a war we had with their European ideological cousins. They are not liberals! Also stupid conservatives have been mislabeling fascist/progressives as a liberal. Those folks should start using the correct terminology.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM

2,917 posts, read 2,092,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Right.....I am not sure why a small mass murderer like Hitler is condemned in history, while the mega mass murderers like Lenin, Stalin, and Mao are given a pass.
The descendents of Lenin, Stalin and Mao's victims aren't as media savvy.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Fremont, Seattle | Story of the Statue of Lenin

Statue of Lenin, Seattle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pssst! Want to buy a 16-foot statue of Lenin? | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Fremont’s Lenin statue traces journey from Slovakia

Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8089 View Post
A liberal fascist is like a conservative communist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area