Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 07:39 PM

172 posts, read 297,116 times

Advertisements

We have been recommended the Sammamish Plateau, but we don't actually know which part of Sammamish it is? Can anyone explain please.

Also, have seen a few properties around a golf course? What's it like living in one of those?

What's the commute route from Sammamish to MS main campus?

SSLifestyler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
The Plateau is another reference to the parts of Sammamish and Issaquah that are well, up on a plateau! You drive up steep windy hills from off of Lake Sammamish to get there. You have the douth end of Sammamish which is in the Issaquah School District and the north end which is in the Lake Washington School District. Both are wonderfully fine school districts. There are two golf clubs on the Plateau - Sahalee (north end - where the US Senior Open was played...very expensive to join) and The Plateau Club (centrally located - also a nice course and not as expensive to join as Sahalee but still some pricey homes near there). Both nice areas though Sahalee is a little bit older of an area.

MS folks live all over the Plateau and it more depends which end of it you are on as to how you'll commute. I live right near Pine Lake in South Sammamish and the Connector stops right at the Park N Ride to take folks to Redmond. This is the case all over Sammamish. If you commute from South Samm, you'd likely drop down to East Lake Sammamish off of 212th (Louis Thompson) or NE 8th (Inglewood Hill Rd) and take that up to Redmond in some fashion. If you live in North Sammamish (north of NE 8th), you'd likely head up 228th to 202 in to Redmond. Of course Sammamish runs further east as well and you'd take other connectors to get to these routes.

All in all Sammamish is a great place to live and raise kids. Very safe, BEAUTIFUL and clean. Lots of parks and family oriented activities. Downside is not a lot of great restaurants, etc but that is getting better each year. We love living here.

Would highly suggest you look at Pine Lake and Beaver Lake areas. Trossachs is on the eastern edge of Samm with amazing views. Lots of neat pocket neighborhoods all over with different price ranges so it depends what you are looking for.

Happy to answer more questions.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:40 PM

Thanks for the great info!

A lot of people we know who live in Sammamish say they do so because it is great for kids and the schools are good - which schools specifically are they referring to?

SSLifestyler

Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
The three high schools are within a mile of each other and are all great, Skyline in the Issaquah District, Eastlake in the Lke Washington, and Eastside Catholic (private). There have also been no complaints about any of the middle/Jr. High or elementary schools on the plateau in both districts. With the well-educated, well off parents and concerned parents here even any minor problems are reported and corrected very quickly. We were astounded when we first started our kids in school here, on parent night when they "passed the hat" to raise funds for the PTSA and collected $20,000 just in one middle school (Inglewood).

Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
Agree. There is not a bad school on the Plateau across the spectrum from Elem to HS in either district. I'd be happy to send my kids to any of the ISD or LWSD in Sammamish.

Here's a matriculation page from ISD that shows patterns. The ISD schools in Sammamish matriculate to Skyline eventually.

http://www.issaquah.wednet.edu/docum...0.pdf?dord=197

I will let someone else comment on LWSD schools since I am not as familiar with them.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:02 AM

Thank you. We are looking at the Union Hill/Sammamish area today. Yesterday we looked at some Bellevue places and they were so blah. But could be just the particular houses. Which surprised me because we saw many of interest in the Redmond/Woodinville area.

SSLifestyler

Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSeasLifestyler View Post
Thank you. We are looking at the Union Hill/Sammamish area today. Yesterday we looked at some Bellevue places and they were so blah. But could be just the particular houses. Which surprised me because we saw many of interest in the Redmond/Woodinville area.

SSLifestyler
We drove out that way today and walked the Trillium Trail at the Redmond Watershed Preserve. Great day to be outside, I hope you enjoyed the house hunting. Supposed to be unusually hot this week.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:13 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,842 times
My husband grew up in Trossachs and the plateau and Trossachs is probably one of the nicest neighborhoods I've ever seen there. The schools are great too, he went to Skyline and said it was fantastic in every way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area