Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM

277 posts, read 441,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonderingDon View Post
We're looking at a similar move to the OP, and while I don't have a job there yet it would likely be in the Bellevue area. How long does it usually take to make your commute? I had assumed it would be a bit of a deal breaker for either living in that area or working in the other.

Thanks!
Depends on what time you're leaving and coming back, really. I work retail so my schedule is never the same. If I have to work at 9am, I usually leave no later than 8:10, and get to downtown Bellevue about 8:45/8:50. I almost always get off at 4th St., and cut through SoDo to get to I90. It tends to bottleneck at the first tunnel, but after that its almost always free of traffic after that. Coming home at 5:30 is the worst though. If there's some type of game, forget about it. I usually find something to do in Bellevue (grocery shop) rather than try and leave. And then there are rare days when there's NO traffic at all.

And then on the days when I don't work till the afternoon, it takes me 20 minutes flat to get there. So it really depends. I thought it was going to be a terrible commute, but honestly, it's 100x better than when I lived in Upper Queen Anne and had to drive to work. Trying to get through Seattle traffic with Mercer St., and all the construction was a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 01:51 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
As a long time West Seattle resident, I agree that the Admiral District is very nice. I personally live on the complete opposite side way down South in Arbor Heights and I love it.

I don't personally have children but I know many of my neighbors moved to my neighborhood because Arbor Heights Elementary has a very good reputation.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:04 AM

25 posts, read 59,210 times
momma4evr - That sounds like exactly what we're looking for, I appreciate the perspective.
MafHoney - Thank you so much for the great breakdown, it's very helpful.
pete98146 - I'll put Arbor Heights on the list to check out, thanks for the tip.

- Don

Old 08-01-2014, 04:23 PM

8 posts, read 12,812 times
Default West Seattle to Bellevue?

Could someone let me know what the commute is like from West Seattle to Bellevue? I have flexibility in terms of when I can leave -- anywhere between 8 and 10 am. Thanks
Connie

Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 PM

11 posts, read 26,267 times
Well we did it! We moved from Chicago to seattle in June of 2014 and ic an honestly say after all the anxiety and fear around leaving the familiar that it was the best decision we ever made!

We did not move for work. We saved up and moved because we wanted access to the mountains and the water, milder winter, more progressive community and lower population density.

In the last 6 months we settled in west seattle and couldn't be happier. We bought a 3/2 house wih a view of mt rainier for under 500k (it needs work) and it's also ina great school district.

No seattle freeze here - we are constantly busy with new friends and neighbors - definitely helps we have young children.

The weather has been the biggest surprise. It was 55 and sunny yesterday mid January! The summer was so hot and dry during the day it was a dream! He rain has not bothered me coming from the freezing cold bleak Midwest. At least it's green and not too cold!

Couldn't be happier and just wanted to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area