Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 PM

171 posts, read 355,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susandyer1962 View Post
How far would Vancouver WA be from Seattle?
About 2.5 hours. It does not make any sense to live in Vancouver and work in Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 12:54 PM

19 posts, read 23,379 times
Okay never mind!
Thanks!

Old 09-06-2013, 01:18 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Well I was looking on Craigslist in those areas on the Eastside and paying 4000 a month for a house is just crazy! Almost all of them were over 2500.00.

How far would Vancouver WA be from Seattle?
I agree that $4000 is crazy, but $2000-2500 is the norm for a 4 bedroom SFH in a good school district... pretty much for the entire Seattle area...

I would imagine that our COL (cost of living) for someone living in AZ is going to be depressing... that's how I felt when we were looking at moving to SF. But it's important to be realistic and see the whole picture before diving too deep into the Seattle living dream. For example, you might be able to find a cheaper rent, but it'll definitely be sub par in maintainence compared to what you are used to getting in Phoenix. You could also think about consolidating and living in a 3 bedroom... or a condo.... that's what we had to do when we moved from the midwest.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 PM

681 posts, read 1,045,680 times
took a virtual drive via google street view in Lake Forest Park, haven been convinced to focus on Renton I have changed my mind. Lake Forest Park is much more relaxing based on what i'm seeing. Now as far as cost of living and rent? expensive? reasonable?

Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 PM

458 posts, read 958,302 times
Really do only come with a job and then that will dictate where you live..if you are lucky enough to land something with Boeing as an example then Mill Creek, Mukilteo, Snohomish, parts of Edmonds might all be worth a look. Good schools and much more affordable than the Eastside. Seattle is very expensive compared to Phoenix and your money will not go as far here. Once you readjust your cost of living barometer you will be so grateful to get out of the oven that is the Arizona. I love Arizona in the winter and early spring but it is practically inhabitable in my opinion come May!

Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulseattlehomes View Post
Really do only come with a job and then that will dictate where you live..if you are lucky enough to land something with Boeing as an example then Mill Creek, Mukilteo, Snohomish, parts of Edmonds might all be worth a look. Good schools and much more affordable than the Eastside. Seattle is very expensive compared to Phoenix and your money will not go as far here. Once you readjust your cost of living barometer you will be so grateful to get out of the oven that is the Arizona. I love Arizona in the winter and early spring but it is practically inhabitable in my opinion come May!

Yes of course his job will dictate where we live! I'm just trying to get an idea of the area that's all. I agree with you about summers in Phoenix! I have no idea how people chose to live here! The heat is just unbearable and I don't want to spend every summer indoors!

Thank you so much for your help!

Old 09-30-2013, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,962 times
Any thoughts on Lynnwood? Looking for a smaller, quiet area close to the city.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Okay he got a huge offer from a company he interviewed with in Renton. So we will start to look there. Any area there I should avoid?

Thank you!

Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Okay he got a huge offer from a company he interviewed with in Renton. So we will start to look there. Any area there I should avoid?

Thank you!
Since you're looking for good schools, make sure to focus on Eastern Renton, Eastern Kent, Newcastle, Maple Valley area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaaBella View Post
Any thoughts on Lynnwood? Looking for a smaller, quiet area close to the city.
You should start your own thread, but fyi Lynwood might be small in size but it certainly doesn't feel like it and it's quite a busy place. It can be quiet during the night though.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:03 PM

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area