Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 02:22 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,798,443 times

Advertisements

There is enough geek related stuff in Seattle to keep me happy for a good while till I can find the right lovely Asian gal, and I rather spend money and time on myself for awhile after two expensive dates that fell flat recently.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:34 PM

879 posts, read 1,723,556 times
I've been to many, many cities in the US, and I can honestly say I think it's all in the OP's head. I find there to be just as many attractive women in Seattle, and the northwest in general, as any other place. Course, I love women in sweaters, etc., but I have never seen a shortage of attractive women vs. other cities/states. As far as some guy talking about more single men than women, well, I have no clue what he's on. There are more women than men in Seattle.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:35 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,167,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 206traveler View Post
They would rather talk to an old, married guy than a younger, good-looking guy of dating age? That doesn't make much sense. (BTW, hope your wife isn't reading these posts, pal...)

Also, I was born in Seattle and have lived here my whole life. I know that it's a laid back, casual city. Doesn't mean it has to be an unattractive city.
An older married guy is certainly less of a threat than a younger guy that merely thinks he is good looking and uses lines she has heard may times before rather than conversing like the older guy does. Get a clue and it also sounds like you are jealous. Younger guys are over-rated, usually have less money and often less real social skills than middle aged and older guys. Have a nice day anyways and learn something.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 PM

71 posts, read 113,616 times
I would break it down even simpler:

Some guys think they're owed their idea of awesomeness because they fancy themselves awesome.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM

692 posts, read 851,166 times
Texan here. With all respect to the OP, what you're talking about isn't truly a physical beauty thing, and IS a cultural and habits thing.

The OP seems to be noticing that he's not really into WASPs. There are plenty of very attractive women, so long as you're into WASP features (or Asians). By features, Seattle women who are not Asian by and large look a lot like they do in New England, and seem have most of the same habits. Provincial, disdainful, defensive, politically-correct? Check on all counts. ("on the specrum?" What the hell is 'the spectrum,' and how much instant disdain should I expect to eat for never having heard of that one, lol?).

Of course, women down here on the Southern Great Plains have their own issues, and I'm sure the ladies in this thread could probably melt the city-data server talking about what's wrong with men of various places, too. The OP is just noticing what anybody who travels and leaves their home eventually notices -- different places do things differently. When I'm in Seattle, I just flip the "I'm back in New England" switch in my head, and everything's fine.

I'd suggest to the OP that if he wants to find women who assume that they need to make an effort, that Greater New England might not be his cultural cup of tea -- as many posts in this thread illustrate, cultural WASPs tend to find the very concept offensive. If he's a quality guy, there are plenty of gals in other parts of the country who might really like to meet him and where he'd probably be much happier.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,805,408 times
The bottom line is most American women are similar, but Northwestern women (esp Seattle) , as well as Northeastern women are more of the ultra-feministic, strong-headed, uber-independent variety.

Seriously, for guys who are just fed up with this scene and attitude, I would advise you to look overseas. There are many beautiful, well-dressed, feminine , kind-hearted and respectful ladies overseas looking for a guy who can appreciate these traits. Marriage, relationships, love in the USA and Scandinavia, esp Seattle (which is like a mix of both Nordic and American cultures), is very superficial, shallow and business-like. Chances are the girl you were drooling over at one point in her saggy sweat pants, beer t-shirt and with all cool tattoos and piercings will sooner or later leave you when she gets bored and needs a new playmate. Relationships here are more for entertainment than they are for commitment. We are in a society of self-indulgence, carnality and pleasure, so who can expect that people would seek out such a major sacrifice such as a relationship? Then, there is the ultra-feminist, career-minded, ultra-independent career types of women in Seattle and most cities in the country). These women generally stay single into their 40s or get married and divorced once they learn marriage hampered their career, which trumps in importance anything so futile as a man or those noisy and high maintenance creatures called children.

I don't know, I realize I cannot change Seattle or the women here. Complaining about them really is fruitless. You don't move to Seattle for the women, but for the beautiful nature, low crime, business opportunities. If you want a good woman, perhaps you should consider importing one from another place..

AT-AT28 has me on ignore, but I would like some to relay a message to him: "Looks like the girls you are chasing were looking for deeper pockets". This guy came to Seattle starry eyed, but now the grim reality has hit in.. Maybe, this guy, who is hard-headed can finally face the music and stop holding his ears when people try to be objective in a conversation.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:19 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,144,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
There are more women than men in Seattle.
Hmmm, really? Our fair city may have the highest number of lesbians in the country. If you remove them along with the women that already have boyfriends and are not in the dating pool, I'm going to stand by my claim that there are MANY more single men than women.

Not sure why I'm even stating my opinion here because I'm married. I shed a tear for the younger single guys out there. I know it can be rough sledding in Seattle. On a positive note, we are lucky that Seattle is such a big city. All it takes is one girl to make a guy happy. A pool of single women does exist here and it's just a matter of going out and finding her despite all the hurdles a guy has to jump thru....

Old 10-17-2013, 03:11 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,566,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Hmmm, really? Our fair city may have the highest number of lesbians in the country. If you remove them along with the women that already have boyfriends and are not in the dating pool, I'm going to stand by my claim that there are MANY more single men than women.

Not sure why I'm even stating my opinion here because I'm married. I shed a tear for the younger single guys out there. I know it can be rough sledding in Seattle. On a positive note, we are lucky that Seattle is such a big city. All it takes is one girl to make a guy happy. A pool of single women does exist here and it's just a matter of going out and finding her despite all the hurdles a guy has to jump thru....

Or they can just catch a plane down to San Francisco, or a bus up to Canada. And be to each within 2-3 hours. Both are relatively cheap too.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:31 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,798,443 times
I dont care for the California mentality a lot women have in that state, so I'll pass, you go have fun with surfer girls, I'll stay up here with the lovely Asians

Old 10-17-2013, 03:52 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,756,135 times
"Women won't date me, therefore they must be lesbians. Lesbians lesbians lesbians! "

What's great is that you're insulting both heterosexual women AND homosexual women with your stupid comments.

It's fun watching you guys just keep digging deeper and deeper holes for yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area