Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:16 PM

7 posts, read 14,599 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Seattle in a month because of a good job offer, plus I want to escape the Chicago winters.

I'm a 30yr old Hispanic, well-educated, good personality and with a good career. I've heard Seattle is mostly white and coming from a culturally-diverse city like Chicago I wonder if the dating scene is any different than here.

Do white women in Seattle tend to stick to white men? Or are they open to dating other races?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 05:12 PM

458 posts, read 958,157 times
I think anything that adds to the diversity here is a breath of fresh air and my single girlfriends would date a great guy no matter what race he was. I have a couple of other friends who are married to Latin men they met in Seattle. While all people are represented here, the lack of a large amount of ethnic diversity compared to other major metropolitan areas, in much of the city proper is immediately obvious when one moves here from a NY, Chicago, SF, LA. Don't let that put you off though. I am sure you will have no trouble meeting nice women who don't care what ethnicity you are and are more concerned with the content of your character and intelligence.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:25 PM

176 posts, read 299,356 times
Seattle is one of the most open minded and diverse cities in the country. With that being said, I think you will have no problem looking for dates. I myself am a hispanic who married a beautiful german/american woman. Be yourself, be courageous and don't be shy to treat woman right. You'll find someone.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Bad news. You will probably have a hard time dating in Seattle. Good news, it won't be because you're hispanic. Seattle has a pretty brutal dating scene in general. If you want to date, you probably want to go south of Seattle proper, since that's where all of the interracial dating is actually happening. The real problem with that is that people in the South are more insular. Seattle proper you'll get probably a more cosmopolitan feel with many transplants, but there are a ton of nazi fems hanging out down there, they're clickish, and they think most guys are out to rape them or something.

You will probably find a good balance on the East side, but since they look better than women in Seattle proper, you're likely to get the entire "stuck up blonde" feel. But since so many people come and go on the East side, you're probably going to luck out there more.

With that said, the good news is that you'll find more of what you're looking for in Vancouver BC, which is just a 3 hour car ride a way. Never got to go, but from what I hear the people are friendlier, the night life is better, and the women are more hassle free.

Or you can just come down here to Cali. The women here are pretty chill and relaxed. But then again, I'm not really into white women.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
You could hang out in the Spanish departments of the local colleges and universities. I'm only kinda kidding...

I'm white and I had a "thing" for Latino men since college. No joke it was a HUGE influence on choosing Spanish as my major. I wasn't the only one to do that.

And in the end I married a Mexican. He's probably the least Mexican Mexican you will find though.

I think that's the key to dating white women... how much are you culturally Hispanic? My ex-fiance (who was very educated too) was VERY culturally Mexican and as much as we liked each other, there was just an impossible amount of cultural differences that we couldn't get passed. He was very family-centered, faith-centered and liked to call the shots most of the time, whereas I'm more oriented to being individualistic, humanistic and self-determined. I'm guessing that there are a lot of women like me here in Seattle... these characteristics are common in the more urban and intellectual populace...

I think you'll be fine here. Sounds like you've got a lot going for you and Seattle isn't some hillbilly podunk outpost.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 AM

872 posts, read 2,029,605 times
God there are so many white people in Seattle! The horror! THE HORROR!

Old 10-29-2013, 08:01 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
No issues. Hey, if that frees up more sexy latinas for the white guys, then sure! Even if no, people don't care about interracial dating/marriage in Seattle.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Bad news. You will probably have a hard time dating in Seattle. Good news, it won't be because you're hispanic. Seattle has a pretty brutal dating scene in general.
Not true for guys. If you're friendly and talk to women, dating is easy. Most men in Seattle don't approach women, so the rare ones who do can clean up.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
No issues. Hey, if that frees up more sexy latinas for the white guys, then sure! Even if no, people don't care about interracial dating/marriage in Seattle.
I'm pretty sure people care about interracial dating in Seattle just like anywhere else in the country. They just may not be as vocal about it. To say no one cares is pretty grandiose, since interracial marriages outside of white males/asian females usually end in failure. People do produce mixed babies a lot on the West Coast, but no one is hurrying to the altar with their partner of a different ethnic background either. Plus I met a lot of bastard child mixed people in Seattle, but they're parents didn't rock the boat when it came time for marriage, and married their own race.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,481,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm pretty sure people care about interracial dating in Seattle just like anywhere else in the country. They just may not be as vocal about it. To say no one cares is pretty grandiose, since interracial marriages outside of white males/asian females usually end in failure. People do produce mixed babies a lot on the West Coast, but no one is hurrying to the altar with their partner of a different ethnic background either. Plus I met a lot of bastard child mixed people in Seattle, but they're parents didn't rock the boat when it came time for marriage, and married their own race.
Ummm, what? I know quite a few interracial couples (no, not white guy/Asian lady), and I'd say that statistically things are pretty even. I have lost count of how many couples I see like my own relationship, and the numbers are growing each day. Also, I would say that a lot of the tension that typically stops those relationships in their tracks is largely absent up here. I see more issues involving culture rather than race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area